[X3:TC] Don't leave the Hub plot till late game !!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mjwraw
x3tc

[X3:TC] Don't leave the Hub plot till late game !!!

Post by mjwraw » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 14:57

God I wish I'd known to start the Hub plot as early as possible. Without wanting to give too much away you can pretty much complete it with an M3 and a fast M5 up to the point where the grinding resource collection starts. And because I've left it until well into my game (500 mil creds, Panther, 2x Boreas etc etc) it's now just a terrible grind with zero challenge, except to my patience !!!

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 16:19

A tip to aid with the grind is to sell some of the resources you require to the hub and then you can assign ships to buy at best price for it. Then you can go about your business doing other stuff while they complete the order.

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 17:59

Ah yes, good point, I'd already got the ware(s) on the Hub and set the price to max so NPC traders and my own UTs had started 'delivering', but of course I can also get a fleet of Mistral SFs and send them off buying as well :-)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 21:30

Adding to what Hemmingfish said, the only 'grind' I've had with that plot is building all the chip plant complexes. Other than that, everything was quickly set up and done in the background while I did more fun things. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 10:55

Nanook wrote:the only 'grind' I've had with that plot is building all the chip plant complexes.
I didn't consider it a grind, but an excuse to create even more complexes.
:)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 19:48

I didn't personally find it a grind, either. That's why I put it in quotes. However, it was the only part of the HUB plot that I put significant personal time into doing. Everything else was pretty much a simple 'fire and forget' operation. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”