X2 Do (non xenon) Npc Capital Ships respawn?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shadoeken

X2 Do (non xenon) Npc Capital Ships respawn?

Post by Shadoeken » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 19:12

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but I just cleared out one of the xenon sectors just to see if I could in my Orinoco. Turns out the Xenon weren't too happy and their reinforcements started tramping through friendly sectors and two Ks happened to destroy the local Raptor of one of the nearby sectors.

So the question is, do NPC Capital ships respawn like Js and Ks do?
Very few problems cannot be solved by pointing a PSG at it.

Kaiser Kraft
x3tc

Post by Kaiser Kraft » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 19:50

It's been a few yeas since I played X2 and my memory isn't the best so I stand to be corrected on this...

The Cap ships will respawn eventually and you will see loads of traffic as the AI sends re-enforcements to the territory you cleaned out.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X2 Do (non xenon) Npc Capital Ships respawn?

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 21:17

Shadoeken wrote:Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but I just cleared out one of the xenon sectors just to see if I could in my Orinoco. Turns out the Xenon weren't too happy and their reinforcements started tramping through friendly sectors and two Ks happened to destroy the local Raptor of one of the nearby sectors.

So the question is, do NPC Capital ships respawn like Js and Ks do?
All capital ships respawn. However, any stations that get blown up along the Xenon's migration path probably won't, except for the so-called 'government stations', i.e., shipyards, equipment docks and trading stations.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”