[X2] The 25 MW shield paradox

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

davidrawlins
x3

[X2] The 25 MW shield paradox

Post by davidrawlins » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 23:08

I need better shields in order to survive mission 8. The only place I can get them is in Split territory but I have to increase my rank in order to trade. To do that I'd like to kill some pirates but there aren't any fighters around (even near the pirate base), only heavily defended TS that keep blasting me to bits because my shields are so weak.
Getting a bit frustrated here - any advice very welcome!
thanks
David

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 23:24

There's an Argon secret station in Black Hole Sun that might have 25MW shields for sale (it's down to the south-east of the sector somewhere)--although it stocks the shields, it might not have been able to source any because Split space is so far (or on the other side of a Xenon sector). The other option would be to buy any L spec M3 or TS from a shipyard, since those come with a full complement of 25MW shields.

One other thing to note is that Boron and Split are enemies, so shooting Boron ships in Split space will improve your Split rank--best make sure you have a good Boron rank to start with, though, because they won't appreciate you using their ships as target practice.

davidrawlins
x3

Post by davidrawlins » Sun, 12. Jan 14, 23:45

Thanks, I'll try those tips

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”