[TC] Most convenient way to get PSPs and SSCs?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Altair4

[TC] Most convenient way to get PSPs and SSCs?

Post by Altair4 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 00:49

So I just bought an Osaka and it's a pain in the ass flying around Terran space trying to find stations that have these in stock. Is there a way to get these that's less work on my part aside from manufacturing my own?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 02:04

well do you want to use an exploit?

if you want to use Exploit the you can do this:

http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/spoilers/clonewares.php

and I have used the Shipyard buy multiple ships and equip them all at once exploit in TC but not in AP, don't know if it still works.

The non cheat way is to use the remote best buy command on a transport ship, I use a TM to do my fetching.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [TC] Most convenient way to get PSPs and SSCs?

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 02:09

Altair4 wrote:I just bought an Osaka and it's a pain in the ass flying around Terran space trying to find stations that have these in stock. Is there a way to get these that's less work on my part aside from manufacturing my own?
Terran ships tend to be more powerful than Commonwealth equivalents, so getting weapons for them is intentionally a THINK challenge. The challenge was largely nerfed in AP 3.x, so pay up and be happy. ;)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 02:29

Best way I ever found to get weapons is ravaging Xenon sectors and hope for drops. Not really efficient, but after a while I get what I want.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Altair4

Post by Altair4 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 02:58

Orion1632 wrote:well do you want to use an exploit?

if you want to use Exploit the you can do this:

http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/spoilers/clonewares.php

and I have used the Shipyard buy multiple ships and equip them all at once exploit in TC but not in AP, don't know if it still works.

The non cheat way is to use the remote best buy command on a transport ship, I use a TM to do my fetching.
Sorry, how does the best buy command work? Is it a part of the trade command software?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 03:21

all I know is, I put Best Buy software on my TM,

It's a Teladi thing.

I mainly use it for the Remote Best Buy function,

so you get out of you TM, open the control panel of the TM, go to trade, do remote best buy. Then navigate to a station that would have the weapon, doesn't matter if it has 0 stock, and tell your TM to remote best buy that weapon and give it a big jump range when asked.

Oh do give the TM a jump drive and lots of ecells.

the TM will then search through it's database... I think it'll all sectors you have explored, and will take off to try and buy the guns. You may have to do this a few times to get it all.

this way if the ware is available anywhere in the universe, it'll get it and you dont have to run around doing it.

All vanilla, no exploit.

But... in TC when I had Tyr, Osaka, Tokyo... I used the shipyard multiple buy exploit to duplicate PSP.

Altair4

Post by Altair4 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 03:26

Orion1632 wrote:all I know is, I put Best Buy software on my TM,

It's a Teladi thing.

I mainly use it for the Remote Best Buy function,

so you get out of you TM, open the control panel of the TM, go to trade, do remote best buy. Then navigate to a station that would have the weapon, doesn't matter if it has 0 stock, and tell your TM to remote best buy that weapon and give it a big jump range when asked.

Oh do give the TM a jump drive and lots of ecells.

the TM will then search through it's database... I think it'll all sectors you have explored, and will take off to try and buy the guns. You may have to do this a few times to get it all.

this way if the ware is available anywhere in the universe, it'll get it and you dont have to run around doing it.

All vanilla, no exploit.

But... in TC when I had Tyr, Osaka, Tokyo... I used the shipyard multiple buy exploit to duplicate PSP.
Thanks!

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 10:23

AFAIK the "Remote Best Buy" command will search for the lowest price available on the specified ware in sectors that you have up-to-date data on, IOW where you have at least one Ship, Station, or Satellite.

The same is true of the "Remote Best Sell" command for selling wares.

If the only ones for sale in those sectors are at maximum(buy) or minimum(sell) price then that is what it will try to do the transaction at.

Also, both commands are an "all available" command, so it'll buy all on offer, or sell all from the holds, at that price at the target station, which can be an issue if you're selling eCells for some reason... (i.e. it saves nothing for jump fuel).

If there are none of the specified ware on sale in any of the sectors checked, you will get a notification message in your message log from the ship to which the command was issued.

If you're using the bonus pack, & have mastered the art of acquiring or training higher level CLS pilots, CLS2 will check all specified waypoints even if you don't have any assets in those sectors.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 10:26

I know that's what it says it does but try it, it doesn't do that. It probably taps into the trader radio that the mk3's do. Anyway the object is to buy guns easily not to run around getting the best price.
Last edited by Orion1632 on Thu, 16. Jan 14, 01:46, edited 3 times in total.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 01:45

How did you go with the remote best buy Altair4 ? did it work for you?

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 02:23

I'm trying to fit an Osaka myself, and yes, it's a nightmare to arm.

At first I tried setting up CLS ships to grab up PSPs and SSCs as soon as they're made... but they sat around on standby all the time and I didn't really trust them to go get the guns when they became available. CLS works pretty well, but it isn't perfect in my experience - I don't trust it enough to round up PSPs and SSCs when they rarely appear. Maybe it will, I just don't want to rely on it - I have to babysit my CLS traders enough as it is.

My slightly obsessive method is to hit "," when I have a sec and check out the stations that sell them. I will usually have a TS or TP at that staion or in a nearby sector, and can send someone to grab the PSP or SSC once I see them.

I HAVE set up CLS TSs to make sure the PSP & SSC Forges are always stocked with the resources they need (it seems they are always out of water or hull plating) as well. This appears to have had an effect... I also think the AI sees when you're buying something it begins supplying more of it. PSPs and SSCs are becoming easier to find... although it still takes some looking.

I only need a few more PSPs and my Osaka is set with those... I need a lot more SSCs, but I started hunting for those after I did the PSPs. But I'm finding those more easily as well.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 05:24

Do the shipyard and eq dock replication jig.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”