Paranid or Yaki, I cant decide.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie
x3ap

Paranid or Yaki, I cant decide.

Post by Tasogie » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 12:36

I was wondering tonight after having installed the rebalanced mod, if its viable to play the Paranid ?. I tried it but it seems very difficult to get going. Not to mention the stock market now is so tough you cant make money off it unless your a real life wall streeter:)...

I really like the Para's heavy capitals, so was wondering if they are worth it. The Yaki seem to be insanely hard to play an boron look like crap ....
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 13:26

Mod discussions belong in the S&M forums, but I can say that XRM cranks the difficulty level up to 11, so you're gonna run into trouble no matter what you start with. I've played XRM for quite some time, and ended up giving myself a destroyer to avoid getting blown off the map every half hour :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 14:13

oh sorry, I didn't realize.... As for the ships.... I am slowly getting there, but I like it. It was far to easy with stock version.
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 20:28

I didn't find it different except for making money became a lot more obnoxious then it should be. It can no longer be done fast(without exploiting like there is no tomorrow) or in any way that involves fun...
Combat is the same imo, they shoved a bucket load of beam weapons but at its core it didn't chance much just moved power around. Some weapons are still stupidly OP while rest might as well not be there in comparison. Not ditching the mod by any means its fun hell a lot of fun just to mess around and give a play though that's definitely different... I just can't agree that it makes anything more challenging. More annoying yes... but challenging no. Its like TC HUB vs. AP HUB. Just because by the time you get hub in TC you are bold and highly unstable doesn't mean its "harder".
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 02:00

Zaitsev wrote:Mod discussions belong in the S&M forums...
Very true. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”