Problems setting up haulers to keep supplying my factories.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tasogie
x3ap

Problems setting up haulers to keep supplying my factories.

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 14:32

I have tried an tried over an over for days to get haulers ot keep supplying my factorie/s an when I tell them to do it indefinitely after manual trade run, they just sit there.

Not only that, but they wont sell the mats to the factories.

I end up having to land at the factory an manually sell the mats to it from taking over the hauler itself.

Starting to drive me nuts because if I start doing complexes I cant imagine how on earth I will be able to manually buy an sell every single freighter an factory. Is there something I am missing in getting hauler to constantly buy an sell mats for my factories?

cheers
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 16:05

Thought we already sorted this in another thread...

Manual trade runs don't really work for buying resources from NPCs, because that command relies on a constant supply/demand, which you are not going to get from NPCs. Manual trade runs are really only used to sell missiles/guns or move supplies between your own complexes.

First you need to adjust the station settings.
-Ensure that you have your resource buying price set to something reasonable (eg for Energy Cells you probably want 14cr or so).
-Set the sector range (maximum jumps) far enough to reach the necessary resources (if it takes more than 3 sectors, you probably chose a poor spot for your factory).
-Ensure you have transferred enough money from your account into the station's account. 300K-500K is usually enough for a small complex.

Next, you need freighters (TS class ships like the Mercury, Vulture, Dolphin, Demeter, Caiman etc).
-Ensure they have Trade Command Software Mk2
-Open their Command Menu and scroll down to Homebase. Set their Homebase to your station.
-Give them the command "Trade > Buy Ware For Best Price..." and select a resource. One resource per ship.
-To sell products, it's much the same. You just use Trade > Sell Ware For Best Price...

That's it. You're done. From this point, the freighter will fly out of your station to buy the cheapest resource within range that's under your set buying price (using your station's money), then return, dump it into the station, and repeat.

If it helps, here's a video on the subject. The relevant part starts at around the 14 minute mark (before that is a guide on how to buy and place the factory).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7wMOm89P_c

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 21:51

Commercial Agent (CAG) from Bonuspack is almost as easy to set up as the Buy Ware For Best Price..., but more efficient and configurable. The Bonuspack installation includes a Readme document.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:05

oh cheers, I will have a look for that read me, yer I tried your advice from other thread, but it didnt work. :(

read the readme file, sounds good so I will try to find the software today

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:31

Is there any chance you could keep your questions to one thread rather than creating a new one for each, Tasogie? I count nine threads started by you on the front page of the forum right now!

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:34

no worries man

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”