X3AP How to increase my fight rank?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nospammdi
x3ap

X3AP How to increase my fight rank?

Post by nospammdi » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 14:26

Silly question, I know, by fighting ;). Problem is: fight who? I started as humble merchant, now at game day 4. I have a few UTs and stations and a Nova M3 and don't want to ruin my trade ranks over fighting. I thought I take it up with the Yaki until they pulverized my M3 and the TM that was supporting me. I want to get to the point where I can cap a few capital ships and make money selling them, again wondering which race to cap the ships from without ruining my trade ranks too much ;). Shall I go straight at the Terrans?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 15:03

A) Pirates. You can never be 100% friendly with them anyway.

Also, you need a good enemy or else the game becomes boring. Xenon invasions are not enough. Pirates scale pretty well, and some of their ships are nice (when you steal them, of course).

2) Don't worry so much about your trade rank. As your fight rank increases, trade rank will become progressively easier to "adjust". For example; do any mission for a race. If it lowers your trade rank with a second race, then do a couple of missions for the second race.

Both Fight Rank and Trade Ranks will progressively increase over time.

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 08:47

thanks DrBullwinkle, does that mean Pirates will bail ship? I guess I won't be able to sell my Space Fuel to Pirate Bases any longer if I fight them huh?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 13:20

Yes, pirates bail.

Pirates will continue to buy space fuel as long as they can dock at your stations. I think that somebody will always buy your space fuel, even if pirates cannot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”