[X3TC] Goner Plot: How to board the Truelight Seeker??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mtlmaks
x3ap

[X3TC] Goner Plot: How to board the Truelight Seeker??

Post by mtlmaks » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 04:28

Hi,

I'm in the middle of the Goner Plot in TC right now, and I have to capture the Truelight Seeker. I don't have much experience with boarding, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here... The Truelight Seeker has a sentry laser on board and 3 marines. I have 17 marines in all, 2 or 3 with 3-4 stars in fighting a couple with good mechanical, engineering and hacking skills, but overall very average and inexperienced marines. My first boarding attempts with 10 marines in boarding pods failed halfways through the ship levels, and since there were, despite their average skills, 10 against 3 marines, I imagine that this is mainly due to the sentry laser. Now I equipped a Nova with 4 Ion Disruptors, since from what I've read those are supposed to fry such internal equipments. I also read that it can take some time, so I circled around the ship for a good 40+ minutes with my IonDs. I don't know how you know when the sentry laser is fried, does it dissapear from the targets freight? Because after 40+ minutes it was still there, and another boarding attempt, with all 17 marines this time, still miserably failed. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, since this is getting frustration and if it wasn't for the plot I would probably already have abondoned... :(

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 04:39

its tc. so a m6 can hold only 5 marines, u can start an attack with 6 but the 6. will be lost. i think u should use an m7m, pack in the 6 best marines, perhaps a bit of training/normal m6 boaarding for combat training is needed.
but the sentry lasers a re damn hard. think u should use an m6 with has a) possibility to mount ion disruptors in at least 7 or 8 mainguns and b) has as much laz0r-energy-regeneration as possible. put ids in all front bay, fly to the freakin gonership, and toast it till its crispy aka cargo life support system and sentry lasers arent displayed any more in the freight bay of the truedarkseeker

edit:

Code: Select all

How to board the Truelight Seeker
put this in google
read first solution

one tactic i can imagine becuz i know now that it is invincible at 93% of hull
so you arent forced to fry the sentrylasers and/or the cls with ion-Ds
u can use al fasthitter-weapons, would suggest prg, pbe, perhaps even md, no idea. i think i would use a m6, put 4prg 2 pbe 2 ion_d in the front, all turrets to prg/md/id/pbe and attack my target....and then u need a programmable monkey to attack the seeker while avoiding the freakin gaussguns and a good book ;D
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 04:52

You don't is how.

Wait until it stops moving and jump out and claim it like a fighter.

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 04:53

Sinxar wrote:You don't is how.

Wait until it stops moving and jump out and claim it like a fighter.
in my mind this tastes cheaty, if i have to do it i normaly try to do it the marines way. withount anti-overtaking-crap like sentry laz0rz its zero problem ;P
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 04:54

Hey, thanks for your quick response! :)
OMG, lol, I just realized that you can simply claim the Truelight Seeker, instead of capturing it...! If I had understood that earlier, I could have saved myself 1 hour of frustrating gameplay... :headbang:
But still, I want to get into more boarding soon, so those advice are very appreciated, thanks! :) I was actually wondering if 4 IonDs were enough, also firing them at constant 0-1% energy... :p I still don't quite understand that part about the number of marines though. Does that mean that, if you want to capture an M6, only 5 marines max can enter it? If that's the case, why would you send in 6 marines? I actually did use a M7M with boarding pods, that I remotely ordered to launch all marines. But again, I'm not very experience with boarding yet, so I still have to learn how to use all this fancy equipment. :p

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 05:11

AFAIK only plot ships are that difficult to board. It is possible but more than likely you will end up losing wave after wave of marines. Even Xenon ships are childsplay in comparison.

The 6 is because of how the probability is calculated per deck. using six 5 star marines gives a bonus to the roll. There was a post around explaining it in detail but i'm far too lazy to search for it. To do that, you normally use a TP to board M6s, tricky at first but doable. All 10 (or maybe its 8? i cant remember) will get inside and they normally have no issues even with low fight rank due to overwhelming force. In the case of the Truelight Seeker however, I found that sending two waves of 10 usually ends up with 5 or so left at the core to hack it (then fail consistently with 100 in hacking skill).

I am almost certain that part of the plot was meant to screw with your head.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 13:33

Some players have reported difficulty with boarding the Truelight Seeker. Maybe I was just lucky, but it was not all that difficult in my TC game. I did have to use a couple of waves of marines, but two TP's (20) was sufficient. It was my second boarding op, IIRC, so my marines were mostly untrained, as well.

I did not use Ion Disruptors; didn't even know about them at that point.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”