X3 AP - Stock Exchange unbalanced?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nicpon86
x3ap

X3 AP - Stock Exchange unbalanced?

Post by nicpon86 » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 14:32

Hi there,

I'm a fan of X games since X2, and lately had been playing mostly in TC, just some sandbox and occupying xenon sectors.
Few days earlier I finally decided to move to the AP, I had mostly positive fillings (the best thing is improvement in sector choosing :D ) but I found Stock Echange a bit unbalanced - in about 2 hours I made from 2M Cr something around 120M - in TC to achieve such sum you would need some more time and effort, than just clicking...Now in my opinion this is far to easy, there is no fun in it.

And does fully euiped Boreas still get wiped out by Q on 50/50% basis?

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 14:38

in my opinion the stock exchange is a cheat or exploit.

u mean oos?
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

nicpon86
x3ap

Post by nicpon86 » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 15:36

Yes OOS, in IS it is pretty obvious - Boreas almost always kill Q in TC IS, only two Q were a challenge (for autopilot).

In my opinion major changes in stock prices should be much slower, price for each stock much higher, so whole the thing should be considered as long term investment, and the whole market should be much bigger - like 10^12 or of 10^13 credits so buying of whole market should not be so easy.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 16:09

I agree with Torpor. To me it is just an exploit. Guessing they threw it in for people who didn't want to start from the ground up. IMO the problem with it is that it is impossible to actually lose money from it unless you don't know what the numbers mean. Since there is an absolute minimum price, the stock can only go up or stay the same. in both cases you lose nothing.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 17:26

Sinxar wrote:I agree with Torpor. To me it is just an exploit. Guessing they threw it in for people who didn't want to start from the ground up. IMO the problem with it is that it is impossible to actually lose money from it unless you don't know what the numbers mean. Since there is an absolute minimum price, the stock can only go up or stay the same. in both cases you lose nothing.
Except for that pesky 2% commission on all trades (all purchases cost 102% of stock value, all sales only net 98% of stock value).

That being said, the SE (corp/company index at least) does list in the right-hand column the net profit or loss of selling any stocks you own at the current price (so if it's green, you'll make a profit).

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 11:01

at first I agreed with the statement that the stockexchange is too profitable.
but the stockmarket isn't going on forever.
in the beginnning Seizewell was a good place to earn some credits.
the market has dried up for over two ingame days.
also the exchange in Cardinal's Domain, a place where I earned quite some cash, has stopped creating profits for me.
it might be that the markets slowly stop and that the stockmarket is mostly profitable at the beginning of the game.
it provided me with the startcapital to build the complexes which provide a steady stream of credits.
I'm 5 days ingame and the stockexchanges are not very profitable anymore.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 11:19

Might need to verify your cache files. Im only 2 weeks in on this game and its still popping out 30mil+ per hour (in Seizewell).

Or do you mean the profits are too little to be worthwhile? Such as doing missions for 1 mil credits when you have billions in the bank? Or perhaps you are getting tricked by the non-updating thing they put in?

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 16:16

the indexes in Seizewell don't come near the 100 points mark as they used to.
most of the indexes are far below 50, logically I'm not buying there anymore.
PTNI has and is still good for making profits.

a selfsustaining complex with 45 L Blissplaces yields over 10 M credits every hour now.
therefore I'm less busy with the stockexchange but started actual playng the game.

I'm still not sure about how the stockmarket works.
when looking at PTNI, Family Pride and Cardinal's Domain next to each other then you notice similarities.
when, for example, the index for Entertainment Chips is over a 100 in PTNI, then the other two exchanges have their index also over 100 points.
this is odd since the area of influence of the stockexchange is far apart.
the markets are even from three different races.
when the index goes down to about 60 then the market in Family Pride and Cardinal's Domain has also dropped.
this happens every time.
hopefully somebody has an answer to that.
thanks in advance.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 21:17

DiArmada wrote: I'm still not sure about how the stockmarket works.
when looking at PTNI, Family Pride and Cardinal's Domain next to each other then you notice similarities.
when, for example, the index for Entertainment Chips is over a 100 in PTNI, then the other two exchanges have their index also over 100 points.
this is odd since the area of influence of the stockexchange is far apart.
the markets are even from three different races.
when the index goes down to about 60 then the market in Family Pride and Cardinal's Domain has also dropped.
this happens every time.
hopefully somebody has an answer to that.
thanks in advance.
You can completely control the market if you want to, although some people might think it's a serious exploit. Basically commodities that a race can't produce themselves i.e. Sojahusk to Teldai etc. You can completely control the market if you have a ship filled with desired commodity jump it in, by up shares then jump ship back out and sell shares. I can make around 2.5 million in 5 minutes using this trick. You just need to check each race commodity list and see which race needs what.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 23:39

I was in a hurry for cash last night, wanted the PHQ and a ton more factories,

So I traded in Nividium stocks and got 100 million in 5 minutes.

Yeah it's an exploit.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 01:11

When you get to the giddy heights you can in TC you simply don't want to do it all again in AP, I spent a few hours mining nvidium then filling up 2 mammoths with the stuff, using the stock market exploit got me to Xtreme trade rank for the first time ever :lol:

With AP my complexes aren't made for making money, they're making weapons 8)

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 03:43

Agreed.

Tasogie
x3ap

Post by Tasogie » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 04:09

Wait till you play "Rebalanced MOD"... NOTHING an I do mean NOTHING is easy in that lol.... the Exchange is basically useless because its so difficult lol
WestHam for life (Sam Allardyce for Prime Minister)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 10:19

Orion1632 wrote:I was in a hurry for cash last night, wanted the PHQ and a ton more factories,

So I traded in Nividium stocks and got 100 million in 5 minutes.

Yeah it's an exploit.
That's why I don't trade in Nividium, that really is an exploit.:lol:

At least trading in the basics makes it look like you are actually trading the market and not exploiting it.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 10:49

ok, the Nividium trick I've read several times about works because ships are flown into the sector.
which would mean that local changes affect the market.
then how come that the rise and fall of indexes are the same for several sectors?
PTNI, Cardinal's Domain and Family Pride indexes rise and fall the same time.
this has been consistent for the past three ingame days

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 11:43

DiArmada wrote:ok, the Nividium trick I've read several times about works because ships are flown into the sector.
which would mean that local changes affect the market.
then how come that the rise and fall of indexes are the same for several sectors?
PTNI, Cardinal's Domain and Family Pride indexes rise and fall the same time.
this has been consistent for the past three ingame days
A single ship flying through a race sectors (carry a specific cargo) will effect the stock market, even if they are just passing through. I don't trade Nividium so I can't really guess at what is happening in your case. This is the main reason I trade in non-race commodities as it is easier to control the market.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 13:45

For Nvidium the trick is to fly a ship carrying it into the sector with the stock market and buy as many shares in Nvidium as you can, have the ship jump out, then sell the shares for huge profits. The hard part is getting enough Nvidium to make it worthwhile :D

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 15:41

yes, I understand how the Nividium trick works, but I'm not trying to do that.
I'm trading in entertainment chips, biological stuff, terran hightech equipment and one or two more commodities I can't remember at the moment.
the people who have replied are X veterans who know where PTNI, Family Pride and Cardinals Domain are.
the three sectors are far apart and owned by different races.
the indexes shouldn't be simultaniously going up or down if the market is affected by local changes.
it may be coincidence but it's pretty consistent.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 21:04

Sorry DiArmada, I don't trade in the basic stuff. If I can't control it then I don't trade in it. But most commodities are out of the players control in any case, there are just too many variables to take into consideration. Maybe you need to look into some other commodities to trade in.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Jan 14, 22:31

I think its because those commodities aren't actually produced anywhere, so they can't be controlled or modified. Think of them as background. They aren't all that profitable to trade in either. And it's no surprise that they'd have the same market values everywhere, since there's no ingame way to modify them. As I said, background. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”