[MOD] Roguey's X3AP Mod (v1.1 out NOW)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 11:24

I've just installed the mod and started a new Terran game (that sun is BRIGHT!). I think its running properly, but I didn't see a khaak start available. Have I done something wrong?

Immediate impression - BIG sectors. Good stuff, space isn't meant to be small!

I wonder what other things are compatible - HUD mods, trading scripts, that kind of thing? Also, I started the script editor ('Thereshallbewings'). Is this necessary?

EDIT:

I'm going to install some things and see what happens. I'll try: PureX Hud, OK Traders, Galaxy Explorers, Capital Ship Energy Generator, NPC Bailing, amd Salvage Commands and NPCs. I'll report back on any issues.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 12:20

Installed ... Not in AP mods so cannot choose ... Need a big pointy finger...

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 12:34

birdtable wrote:Installed ... Not in AP mods so cannot choose ... Need a big pointy finger...
Make sure you haven't got an 'addon' folder inside your 'addon' folder. The mod should be placed inside the main 'TC' folder.

Regarding other scripts - no problems (so far!) with the added stuff I mentioned above.

I have one (fairly major, actually) criticism/request - please extend scanner ranges. The larger sectors are great, but I feel that even with a triplex scanner I can't see further than the end of my nose. Double or triple the range would be great.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 12:44

@ Pierre'70 .... Spot on advice ... Cleared everything out, fresh install ... followed the pointy finger .... and there it is waiting for me ....Cheers.. :D

Khaak start available.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 14:37

I'm completely stumped as to why I'm not seeing a khaak start option. Everything else seems to be working fine! Regarding my earlier comments about sensor ranges, it seems that only some of the sectors are massive (saturn is huge!) so maybe extended scan ranges would unbalance the game in more 'normal' sized sectors.

I tried a separate install with only Roguey's Mod installed but still didn't see a khaak start option incidentally.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 14:54

Did a fresh install and using "No Steam" patch for Albion ... no problem with khaak start or sensor range ... other than that I cannot return the favour of the pointy finger.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 15:06

Certain profiles are available starting only after reaching the appropriate reputation (combat).

Probably the same is true in the case of Kha'ak start.
So if someone has installed the knife AP for this fashion, it must najpier play on another profile startup before unlock a Kha'ak start, or edit the system registry.

PS. @Roguey, Promises to be very interesting this mod.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 15:09

I had no idea about that Yacek! So if I just keep playing my current game and boost my combat rep, the khaak start will become available. Any idea how high it would need to go?

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 15:28

Not a profile problem ... doing the khaak start .... no reputation etc ..Never done the khaak start before but all khaak are red.
Totally clean wipe and fresh install...
Khaak invaders at the very bottom under suicidal squid which is greyed out.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 17:42

birdtable wrote:Not a profile problem ... doing the khaak start .... no reputation etc ..Never done the khaak start before but all khaak are red.
Change the Kha'ak to "friend" in the orders of the ship, or even better in the global settings.
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 17:53

:D forgot :D

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 20:00

Sorry If I'm monopolising this thread, but I've tried reinstalling the mod (I also use a custom install with the no steam exe) and I still see no khaak start option. Underneath the greyed-out Suicidal Squid option is Custom Start and nothing else. Yet the mod appears to have installed properly - loading screens, new sectors, etc. Can I be sure that everything is working properly?

Again, sorry to hog the thread.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 20:40

Pierre'70 wrote:Sorry If I'm monopolising this thread, but I've tried reinstalling the mod (I also use a custom install with the no steam exe) and I still see no khaak start option. Underneath the greyed-out Suicidal Squid option is Custom Start and nothing else. Yet the mod appears to have installed properly - loading screens, new sectors, etc. Can I be sure that everything is working properly?

Again, sorry to hog the thread.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 03#4355703
[ external image ]

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 14:07

hi there,

well to be honest I didnt put much attention to the khaak start, I didnt think it was that poplar. However more/better start positions is something I will look at in future versions. Oh.. and why the Khaak are red at the start, is cause of the friend/foe setting on your ship (nothing else).

For me, its important to see how much interest there is, especially after recent events. So for me it is good to see people posting about it.

as for scripts which should work, well I reckon most will (if they dont use a particular station at a set location). Mods might be a different story, as this mod does change quite a lot (its nearly the size of X3AP dat/cats).

UPDATE #1 Stats for shields, lasers and missiles added now.

UPDATE #2 picture page updated to include 18+ pictures.

thanks,
- Roguey
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 21:27

I've been enjoying the mod, I have a few observations:

I've tried a number of scripts (Galaxy Explorer, OK Traders, NPC Bailing, Salvage Commands & NPCs, Salvage Command Suite, Ship Killed Notifications, Ringless Gate Mod) and all seem to work fine without issues.

In Yaki space, I encountered a couple of Yaki stations named as "{(1000,119)} Station". They had nothing to sell. Also, in the Yaki sector 'Society' there was a Paranid shipyard instead of (presumably) a Yaki one. Also, the Yaki ships look a little odd uncapitalised (eg 'Yaki omega'). Hopefully the scripts I'm using haven't caused any of these issues.

I really like the concept of properly safe home sectors for each race with a large number of unknown and border sectors in the middle of the map. Traders have somewhere safe to operate while combat rages on the frontiers. Good stuff.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 21:40

Pierre'70 wrote: In Yaki space, I encountered a couple of Yaki stations named as "{(1000,119)} Station". They had nothing to sell. Also, in the Yaki sector 'Society' there was a Paranid shipyard instead of (presumably) a Yaki one. Also, the Yaki ships look a little odd uncapitalised (eg 'Yaki omega'). Hopefully the scripts I'm using haven't caused any of these issues.
I play without a script, and is the same.

Also found in the sector Emperor Ridge Argon Shipyard.

I also diwne problems in moving around the map of the galaxy. The arrow keys on the keyboard act differently than they should. In another game (AP + XRM) everything is OK.
[ external image ]

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 21:56

hi there..
I play without a script, and is the same.
well "{(1000,119)} Station" should actually be Yaki Station. It was displaying correctly at one point, so wonder whats happen since to break it. Ill have to look into it. Oddly, it displays correctly in X3editor2.
Also found in the sector Emperor Ridge Argon Shipyard.
Unfortunately when creating a new universe, there is bound to be a few odd things. I will of-course fix things in a another release. There was a few of these before release - id hope I got them all.
Also, the Yaki ships look a little odd uncapitalised (eg 'Yaki omega').
True, although not a big issue. Its cos it uses part of the alphabet used for alpha, beta, gamma etc. So if I capitalize them, then stations could be Alpha, Beta etc.
I also diwne problems in moving around the map of the galaxy. The arrow keys on the keyboard act differently than they should. In another game (AP + XRM) everything is OK.
Another thing I wasnt 100% sure why it was doing that.

---

So far, not too many problems by the sounds of it. Glad to hear.

Has anyone looked at the rebalance of weapons? are the battles better or worse?

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 22:16

I haven't tested combat yet (exploring and trading!) but something odd I've seen is that most sectors are completely free of civilians, but a few sectors are absolutely crawling with them. Feature or bug?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 23:20

I haven't tested combat yet (exploring and trading!) but something odd I've seen is that most sectors are completely free of civilians, but a few sectors are absolutely crawling with them. Feature or bug?
Hopefully this should span-out, but its probably something about core sectors. But if the case, isnt that strange - civilian ships arent that important :)[/quote]

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 09:12

Roguey wrote:Has anyone looked at the rebalance of weapons? are the battles better or worse?
For now, I flew and fought only Arg. Buster.
It is wrong.
Buster can use: IRE, PAC, PRG. But only IRE is the meaning install.
Excessive power consumption by weapons, a weak generator.
With IRE can only fight with equal enemy attack on something larger, it is suicide.

PS. I am a very long time since I played in Vanilla, so I do not know how it is. And Buster not piloted 6-7 years :)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”