[X3TC] CAG not selling

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mtlmaks
x3ap

[X3TC] CAG not selling

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 00:13

Hi, I have that missile production complex, and a Mistral set up as CAG to sell the missiles. The trade range is set to 50 jumps, his trade duties set to salesman, his ware list to all missiles, his jump drive to "yes" with 1000 energy cells, but most of the time he's not selling, despite my missile stock being full, and a couple of not too far away military outposts desperately empty... What could be the problem...? Thanks.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 01:33

What level is your CAG? What prices do you have listed for your missiles - below average, average, or above average?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 01:34

What level is your trader? Apprentice CAGs won't sell, he can only buy resources until he reaches Courier rank.

Train up your traders using CLS first, I have a couple of factory complexes that will seriously affect the framerate if I put them all in 1 sector, so I built them in separate sectors and have CLS freighters ferry materials between them. It's a good way to provide a steady source of experienced CAG pilots.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:25

The trader is Major Dealer. I have a lot of CAGs and CLS pilots, I'm not new to this actually. I train all my trader pilots to the highest rank, with a fleet of CLS Discoverers on a training course, before I give them any real job. My other CAGs do their job well, just this one is somehow too lazy. I re-checked every setting more than once, and I have reset him a couple of times, to no avail. The product price of each missile at the complex is 1 below the average price or more... But then again, I thought CAGs sell for the best price they can get anyway?
Last edited by mtlmaks on Sat, 25. Jan 14, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 02:54

Ok, I think I have found the problem... By default the "Sell Products Freighter cargo bay" setting is set to 30%. On a Mistral that volume is higher than what the Complex has in stock, at least on individual Missile types. I set that value to 1%, and he immediately flew off. Boy, so much micro management and so many areas where you can overlook something, this game really has it in that regard... Still, I love it... :p Anyway, thanks for you replies guys. :)

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 04:09

Holy sh*t, my complex is printing money right now! :D

nospammdi
x3ap

Post by nospammdi » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 07:34

Nanook
What level is your CAG? What prices do you have listed for your missiles - below average, average, or above average?
actually, I thought it does not matter what price you set at your factory when selling via CAG, that's at least what I think I see when I watch my CAGs. It appears the factory price is only applicable to NPC traders while it appears that a CAG always tries to sell at best price. Can anyone confirm this?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 10:02

No.

The price set at product is the lower limit for CAG too. There will be no sales if no-one offers at least that much (+1?). Naturally, your station freighters will take the money, if someone offers higher price than the required minimum.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 10:51

1. Your CAG is to low with experience.
2. Your price limit is too high.
3. There is no need for those specific missiles.

So to elaborate. It happens that the market will fill up with the goods you offer. Missiles are usually sold to Military Outposts, Equipment Docks or Trading Stations. It might happen, that after some time they are full of goodies and do not want to purchase any more. I had to shut down my first missile fab because of this. The best thing you can do is to set up a missile fab which you will most propably use in late game.

Or the easier way is to find a Trading Station that does not stock your missiles, will not have them in info tab, but you will be able to sell them there. They will disapear from the station as soon as the transaction is completed. Set up a TS for a constant trade route to pick up missiles at oyur fab and sell them there. If you homebase him he will use the stations account I think. Never done this myself, but from what I read on those forums it's one of the most profitable way to set up stations.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 17:34

Hi Lea, none of this was the problem actually. As I said in an earlier post, the problem was the CAG's cargo setting, a very subtle, yet important setting in cases like this. I have this big missile complex for some time already, and before it was only producing for my own needs. Now that I have filled a TL with the produced missiles, I have enough stock for a while I think, and so I wanted to start turning this into profit. And what a profit this is - now that my CAGs do their job, the complex makes 3-4M per hour ATM! :) The point where the market will become saturated might very well come, so that trick (exploit?) with the Trading Station might become worth a try... Thanks for that. ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”