X3 Terran Conflict - Pirate reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lea Flamma
x3tc

X3 Terran Conflict - Pirate reputation

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 20:47

A stupid question I guess. Still I forgot over the year how it works. Some stations are blue to me. Some are red. I know there are some pirates that will always be red to me, but if I trade with a blue station will the other reds eventually become blue as well? Or do I have to wait for a hack mission and build my ranks with the other faction? It's the rep gains that confuse me, are they shared or not?
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

hisazul
xr

Re: X3 Terran Conflict - Pirate reputation

Post by hisazul » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 22:23

Lea Flamma wrote:A stupid question I guess. Still I forgot over the year how it works. Some stations are blue to me. Some are red. I know there are some pirates that will always be red to me, but if I trade with a blue station will the other reds eventually become blue as well? Or do I have to wait for a hack mission and build my ranks with the other faction? It's the rep gains that confuse me, are they shared or not?
Rep gains are shared, pirates are single race. If you trade with one station, that was friendly or hacked, you gain rep for entire pirate race.

But pirates don't work the same way as other races, ships most notably will always have a good chance of being hostile. Stations... some will never turn friendly even if your rep is maxed out. Lasers/orbital defense station never change status at all. Basically even if you have 1mil rep you will still get attacked by pirates. Also I'm fairly sure existing(already spawned) pirate ships don't change status either.

Yaki, on the other hand, while "pirates" work like any other race. If you are friendly you are friendly.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 23:18

Red stations will never turn blue by themselves, you have to find a station nearby that'll offer to hack it (Look for the lightbulb missions).

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 08:52

I know about some pirates being always red. Like the ones spawned for raids. I was curious if I have to wait for a hack mission or it's enought to drop tons of space weed in one blue base.

How about killing Khaak in a pirate sector with a pirate base? They are hostile to pirates so I would assume it gives some rep, but I never got a message from them with a "thanks".

Damn, I forgot so much.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 18:03

You don't get pirate rep gain for killing their 'enemies' in pirate space. The two ways to gain pirate rep are to trade with them and to do missions for them.

As for red pirate ships, if your rep is high enough, you can sometimes scan a particular ship in a pirate group and cause them all to turn blue. It works something like apologizing to the regular races, and is somewhat influenced by the RNG.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 19:08

Doing missions for them is the quickest way to improve rep, a few build station missions will get most of them friendly. Although as the game progresses you will see more hostile raids against your assets, which will force you to kill them. It can become a lost cause later in the game. :roll: Especially if you plan doing combat missions in the future, probably better to make the Yaki friends gaining access to their IBL forges.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 20:10

Yeah, well. I might try to befriend Yaki. So far I am looking for a fast way to get some IBLs. the forge in Loo's is hostile, but there is a Pirate B. in a nearby sector, maybe some hacking will pop up. still it's dull to sit there and watch the station :(

Yaki will be a better choice, but so far I haven't even flown in their direction. We will see how it goes.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 21:01

Lea Flamma wrote: there is a Pirate B. in a nearby sector, maybe some hacking will pop up. still it's dull to sit there and watch the station :(
Did you know hacking missions show up at other stations besides pirate bases? Somebody will correct me if I wrong, but I think it can be any blue station you can dock at within 3 jumps of a red station.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 21:23

Sinxar wrote: Did you know hacking missions show up at other stations besides pirate bases? Somebody will correct me if I wrong, but I think it can be any blue station you can dock at within 3 jumps of a red station.
Correct, it used to be just Pirate and Teladi stations that you would get Hack missions. This restriction was lifted in one of the patches iirc.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 11:34

I know. But they are still given from Pirates, from what I know. It does not matter if they are in a Pirate Base or sit in a Bliss Place smoking weed. I just thought that there is a higher chance in the sector with a base. I might be wrong as I was out of the game for a long time.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 13:17

Lea Flamma wrote:I know. But they are still given from Pirates, from what I know. It does not matter if they are in a Pirate Base or sit in a Bliss Place smoking weed. I just thought that there is a higher chance in the sector with a base. I might be wrong as I was out of the game for a long time.
Pirate stations don't increase the odds of hack missions, you can get a hack mission spawning in any station within 3 sectors of a hostile station. Pirate bases don't have any impact on the chance of these missions, although you may have more chance of getting one on a pirate base.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 21:36

Curious, the forge I was looking forward to hack just turned blue. I do not know if it's the same or the old was blown up and the new is blue. But hey, I do not mind. IBLs I am comming :)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 11:06

Lea Flamma wrote:Curious, the forge I was looking forward to hack just turned blue. I do not know if it's the same or the old was blown up and the new is blue. But hey, I do not mind. IBLs I am comming :)
Yes if you improve your rep enough some stations will turn blue, the exception is Anarchy Ports for some unknown reason. Although it can work the other way as well. I did a build station mission for them once and as soon as I deployed the station it turned hostile, they didn't even pay me!! :x

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 12:13

Now that got me curious. You can turn some of the patrols blue by scaning them. You can turn a station red by doing a mission for it. Funny. I imagine you got their rep lower and during the mission there was simply a script which checked the reputation. That could turn a station red.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 19:05

Lea Flamma wrote:Now that got me curious. You can turn some of the patrols blue by scaning them. You can turn a station red by doing a mission for it. Funny. I imagine you got their rep lower and during the mission there was simply a script which checked the reputation. That could turn a station red.
In my case I'd been doing some combat missions and I started to notice most of the pirate stations was turning red. So I started doing build station missions, that was the first mission I did so they had not yet forgiven me for blowing up so many of their ships. I took about 8 of those missions to get most of the stations turning blue again.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 21:44

At low rep,Station builds are not very profitable.
However,the are a good mission for increasing your rep.

Combat missions can be detrimental to rep. So see who you are up against first.
If you are at high rank, then a few skirmishes won't harm you too much,and you can away do missions for that race to get it back up again.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 22:30

Since I have access to the IBL forge in LooManckStraat Legacy, I do not need any further rep gains. It's all I wanted.

Now I am looking for a way to make Yaki love me. Maybe I will hunt this Paranid raid that comes through their sectors sometimes.

Or maybe destroy the pirate forge once I have enought IBLs and wait for a TL to cap it. Hoping it will still have the forge on board. That's a goal worth completing.

Martinez90
x3ap

Post by Martinez90 » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 23:07

Yaki cooperate with the Kha'ak. Are you sure you want them to be your friends?
I've already conquered one of their sectors, although GOD engine is quite stubborn.
MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3" 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 09:03

Yeah, the GOD engine will try to do that sort of things. Hunt the TLs for station you can't get otherwise. It's a lot easier to have your own IBL or PBG forge.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 18:29

Also don't forget to check your own Friend or Foe settings. If the ship you're using has been attacked by pirates recently then your IFF will be set to Foe making pirate stations red.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”