X3R: Salvage Insurance saves not working? CTD

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Huggins777

X3R: Salvage Insurance saves not working? CTD

Post by Huggins777 » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 05:14

-Windows 7
-core i3 330m, intel HD 2000, 4gb, um laptop speakers :)
- X3: Reunion 2.5 *through Steam* w/ XTM .74

- I've noticed that my salvage insurance saves aren't working once i fully exit the game and open it up later on. If i just die or something it will load or if i'm in-game and choose to load a salvage insurance save it'll work. Tonight for example i just got off work, my father in-laws corner store, and saved the game before i left. Just got home and went to load it hoping the best but CTD as usual.

As i said i play the game through steam and at work i play in offline mode, then at home it auto connects to the net. I did just restart steam in offline mode thinking maybe that had something to do with it but no luck. Still CTD.

If there's anyone else that's had this issue and or any known fix let me know. I can play just fine with auto saves upon docking but those "moments" where you gotta save would be nice to have. Like tonights where i was towing an asteroid into place for my complex, spent like 2.5 hrs only for the save to corrupt later :(. thanks.
Last edited by Huggins777 on Tue, 28. Jan 14, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 13:35

Are you playing both at work and at home on the same portable system such a laptop?

If not, then the chances are that your work and home installations and configurations are intentionally or accidentally different in terms of installation integrity, updates, Bonus Pack & its options, or modification/script state. Playing offline may prevent Steam from verifying your gamefile cache on that system to show the game installation is complete and uncorrupted - although that cannot detect and check additional 3rd party and Bonus Pack files. The Steam Cloud saves for one system may therefore not suit the other. Transferring saves from one system to another via a storage media may result in file attributes being changed (eg read only flagged), or the saves being encrypted or compressed somehow.

The relevant system DxDiag and CTD error message would be handy for further investigation if posted here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Huggins777

Post by Huggins777 » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 14:45

thanks for the reply, and i forgot to post i am using XTM. and yes, same laptop from A to B. i'll try to get a DxDiag later today. Thanks for the reply i was worried whether i'd get one since it's been months since a single post.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 17:12

OK, so just to clarify. You play offline at work and then when you log on to Steam at home, the non-auto saves you made at work all crash. That sounds like Steam *may* be overwriting certain XTM gamefiles with vanilla when checking and verifying your game on log-on, and/or overwriting XTM saves from the cloud with older vanilla saves and confusing your game no end. Try switching off the cloud save synchronisation and all Steam updates for X3R (if on) and see if the issue persists next time you return from work. (Shame on you for playing games in work time! :roll: :smile: )

Other than that I can't really help you much more as your game is radically different from vanilla X3R.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Huggins777

Post by Huggins777 » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 02:06

okay. another issue i've ran into today, my ships aren't taking orders. One instance is in the m7 cerberus. When i order my m3's to "return to home" which they are all set to my cerb, only 3 do, then i have to move my ship some and sent the order a second time to get the other 3 to return. If i don't move they never respond.

The other instance is with my TS's. They're set Home to my space weed complex, i order them to "buy ware at best price" > "energy cells". same thing they do nothing. Under property it shows that's the command to them but they don't move as though in standby. Any idea's?

EDIT haha...ha...silly me, forgot to put credits in the stations account for its traders to buy wares :P. and after paying attention to my ship from F2 view, i believe why all my ships for my M7 Cerberus don't dock is because there's only 3 lanes for the hanger. 6-3=3 left waiting and maybe until i move they're still considered occupied or something? not sure but either way game is working good again. I also did a steam "validate game cache" and it had to download 2 files totaling 8.7mb. thanks again.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”