Unofficial addon for XRM v1.30d Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Unofficial addon for XRM v1.30d Albion Prelude

Post by Igor.tverd » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 13:48

This is for XRM v.130d AP ONLY. It is compatible with all XRM components including advanced universe addon.

This is modular addon to Pauls great XRM mod, each module can be installed separately and combined with any other module:

1. Performance Module:
- Reduced civilians
- Optimized traders
- Smaller Terran stations
- Less polly heavy ship models
- Less polly asteroids
- No debris AL plugin (can be activated or deactivated at any time)
- No Addsigns
- Adapted version of Improved Combat frame-rate

2. Tweak module
- Made some civilian ware more expansive to promote hunting for civilians by Pirate players
- Suspended Animation game-start (hardest you have ever played)

3. Advanced Universe addon module
- Changed gate model back to original (I just couldn't believe that Terrans got to modifying every gate in the universe).
- WIP, adapted Hub plot, Lost colony expansion and Revelation to XRM advanced universe map (will release when fully tested)

I have also rewritten some of the stories and changed some ships but that will not be released do to problems updating it in the future.

EDIT: Will upload when I get home.
Last edited by Igor.tverd on Tue, 28. Jan 14, 13:54, edited 3 times in total.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 13:48

Reserved
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 07:54

Looking forward to it :D

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 09:56

Please note - this changes core XRM files so will not be compatible with future XRM releases until the author updates this addon for compatibility.

You must wait for the author to update this addon BEFORE updating your XRM installation.

If you try and update your XRM while having an old version of this addon installed based on older XRM files, at the very least the update scripts will not work, but I suspect you will have many more serious issues.

I cannot offer support to people using this addon due to the radical changes it makes to the XRM files.

@ Igor.tverd - exactly what do you mean by "optimised traders"?

And "less poly heavy ships"? Which ships exactly? the only ships in the XRM with problems are those made by Expnobody and there are no low-poly versions I'm aware of. Or have you removed these ships?

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 13:22

paulwheeler wrote: And "less poly heavy ships"? Which ships exactly? the only ships in the XRM with problems are those made by Expnobody and there are no low-poly versions I'm aware of. Or have you removed these ships?
i would like to know that too.
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 13:33

Excellent - Looks like I am going to need another AP setup so I can at long last experience XRM on my old machine. I have tried it before but it was just a little too heavy for my preference / comfort in the performance department, so have been enjoying the updated Combat mod 4 instead.

Looking forward to this

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 14:41

For Paul and Zaknafein : Ref ships

I think they are as per the post in XRM topic here ..
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 27#4332527
- Added engine tunnings to traders
- Reduced 1000+ civilians to 150ish, keeping all the names ones
- Reduced Khaak spawn (got annoying)
- Reduced some M5 patrols (very little)
- Reduced Khaak Home defense m5 spawns

In my game (not included here) I've also replaced all the High polly ship models with MK1 capitals (made the game experience way different - read more fun)
Replaced a lot of standard ship models with less polly ones from the German forum

Replaced Terran stations with smaller versions
+ Improved Combat Frame Rate

Now I'm probably going to change Khaak beam weapons to a less laggy version. Having just fought a Khaak corvete made me realize how bad it was for performance.
The post prior to that was just a link to a new jobs file in your topic, but it looks like Igor wants to share the private setup he has that goes with it from his laptop.

German forum ships not sure, but possibly Fire Giants model performance ships which Lucike bundled together here ..
http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=364

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”