[X3TC] Other ships docking on my TM?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stroan

[X3TC] Other ships docking on my TM?

Post by Stroan » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:13

I've been playing TC for a little while but would definitely still consider myself new. I've hit something I haven't seen before - I have a TM which had one slot left available - I ordered my M3 to dock (while I was on the TM) and in the process another NPC fighter docked instead. Now I'm just sitting watching it with no apparent way to kick it off. Any help? Do I just wait for it to eventually leave?

TIA!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [X3TC] Other ships docking on my TM?

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:18

Stroan wrote:I ordered my M3 to dock (while I was on the TM) and in the process another NPC fighter docked instead.
Do you mean a different race -- not one of your own ships that was following the TM?

Fighters with Follow or Protect commands will automatically dock when idle.

Stroan

Post by Stroan » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:21

Nope - not one of my ships - a Terran if I recall correctly. So I can't control it in any way I've found so far.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:26

Wow, that is strange. Did you recently board and capture the TM? Perhaps it was a fighter that previously belonged to the TM?

Try temporarily setting your Friend or Foe settings to "Enemy" for that race.

In a modified game you could probably remove the offending ship with the Cheat Package. In vanilla, your best bet is to revert to a previous save and destroy the fighter before it docks.

It is not normal behavior (unless you recently captured the TM).

Stroan

Post by Stroan » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:29

hmm... interesting... first bug I've hit.

And nope - the TM is mine, bought it fresh from the factory. Vanilla game too (wanted to see how it played).

I'm sure I've got a reload somewhere. Thanks!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 05:47

This is a fairly common problem and as suggested adjust your friend foe settings without attacking the M3 or you will lose rep. and if it is a plot ship you could break the plot line.

Pearle is the biggest culprit for doing this so be careful how you deal with it.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 06:33

Actually this is quite common on the on the Terran Plot patrols. It bothered be at first, but once I realized what was happening it didn't bother me. In fact my Nova Raiders were faster than those stunted shiny Sabres the Terrans sent on the patrol, so I was actually able to make better time. No kamikaze dashes in front of my TM knocking everyone into collision avoidance mode.

I'm tempted on my new start to fly an empty TM with a second one loaded with my Raiders.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 08:24

Sounds to me like you're doing part of the Terran plotline where you have a Terran pilot accompanying you? She automatically has "follow" orders and will thus dock if you have a spare bay available.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 09:06

So you're telling me, that if I am in an M7 that has free bays they can dock me? What if I sell the hsip they are docked to? Plot crash or what?
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 10:31

1. Yes, plot ships on follow/protect can and will dock at any free bay on your player ship. It's the same as if you commanded a fighter to follow your M7 with free bays. It will dock.

2. Why would you sell a ship you obviously wanted (you bought and equipped it) for less than what you paid? It's not like M7's or TMs even are ever obsolete after moving up to M1/M2 classes.

The plot may crash, or not. I'm not of a mind to test it out.
You may or may not receive funds for the ships you don't owe. Again, I see no reason to test it base on not knowing if the plot crashes or not. There are easier and plot safe ways of making money that to sell a bought ship at 1/2 price just to get free 1/2 price credits for a non-owned ship doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 22:20

Shi=ort answer change to an M3 and let the mystery docker follow you then get your TM out of there.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 10:55

interesting.
for the sake of the argument, what if the ship is destroyed with the NPC missionship onboard?
(instead of being sold)

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 11:15

You break the mission, try to avoid that unless you have a hard save to go back to that does nor hurt too much.

(Hard saves are save files I never touch until the following plot is completed)

I also tend to copy them to a disc or separate folder just in case.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 23:46

DiArmada wrote:interesting.
for the sake of the argument, what if the ship is destroyed with the NPC missionship onboard?
(instead of being sold)
As soon as your big ship is attacked, the Terran NPC will undock to protect it. In fact, that's the easiest way to get it to undock. Get something hostile to attack your ship and when the NPC undocks, you undock in a fighter. The Terran should then follow you rather than redock into your unoccupied ship, since it has orders to follow you.

BTW, those Terran plot ships are immortal as long as the mission is active. So you don't have to worry about them getting destroyed while defending your ship.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

durosh
x3tc

Re: [X3TC] Other ships docking on my TM?

Post by durosh » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 16:23

Stroan wrote:I've been playing TC for a little while but would definitely still consider myself new. I've hit something I haven't seen before - I have a TM which had one slot left available - I ordered my M3 to dock (while I was on the TM) and in the process another NPC fighter docked instead. Now I'm just sitting watching it with no apparent way to kick it off. Any help? Do I just wait for it to eventually leave?

TIA!

----one of my ship is followed and if i dock to my TM other (forigner) ships are dock to my TM too----

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 30. Dec 15, 20:11

I don't know, they didn't seem to keen to leave my Galleon even as the Xenon were busily trying to pound it into scrap when it happened to me. They wouldn't leave until I finished that part of the mission.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 04:07

This is actually a benefit if you are performing the "Pearl Rescue Mission"

Once the Terran M3 docks with your TM and you have the goods loaded, you can jump directly to the target sector and dock, the Terran ship is already in sector and your wait time for them to dock will be reduced.

If they were not able to dock with the ship you are using to transport the goods, you would need to wait for them to fly to the sector.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”