Registered game not showing whatt patches are compatiable - known BBS issue.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

wormfighter
x3tc

Registered game not showing whatt patches are compatiable - known BBS issue.

Post by wormfighter » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 14:03

Hello,
I have recetly dusted off x3 TC and I amtrying do figure out which patches are compatiable with my game. The game is registtered, verified when I look at my profile, but when I go to dload the patches they all have the question mark in the version. I have a store bought version, NOT the steam version. I am logged in when I check the patches/updates. What am I doing wrong?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 15:38

You have done nothing wrong. The update version recognition on the elderly BBS updater is somewhat broken. For *any* DVD version of X3TC, just download and apply the all-in-one patch (currently 1.0.1 - 3.2) over any previous patches etc, as that makes sure there are no parts of patches missing and corrects any corruptions in your non-core gamefiles.

Alternatively, register your DVD copy of X3TC with Steam, download their version for free, and let Steam automatically keep it up to date for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wormfighter
x3tc

Post by wormfighter » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 16:42

Ok, thank you.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”