The CLS-PHQ-Dockware Manager Dilemma

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FischAP
x3ap

The CLS-PHQ-Dockware Manager Dilemma

Post by FischAP » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 19:36

So here is the problem I have:

A complex that produces Si-Wafers as an intermediate product.
My PHQ that needs them.
Dockware manager (DWM) on the PHQ to limit Si-Wafers to e.g. 1000.

If i use CLS Mk2, I can keep some Si-Wafers in my complex with load/unload.
But CLS Mk2 ignores DWM limits and fills my HQ up with Si-Wafers.

If I use CLS Mk1 the freighter strips my complex of all Si-Wafers and kills it in the process.

Is there a way to solve this, am I just too stupid to see the obvious solution?

Only way I see now is to use a freighter with cargosize way below the amount I can set up with supply conditions.
Or I ship everything to the HQ, and sell excessive stuff.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 03:12

I use my Drone Miner script to keep my PHQ stocked with resources for building. If it makes sense for you, you can homebase a Drone Miner to the PHQ, and under advanced options for the Drone Miner set it to keep your homebase stocked with 1000 ore / silicon or whatever, then tell it to go mine and trade in a safe sector like Kingdom End. Might not be the best solution for low amounts, recommend maybe 10000 ore/silicon or whatever.

I would then just leave the factory alone and let the silicon fill up. Maybe allow npcs to buy and sell your silicon too it but set the price low, might get a few sales, then if it does fill up to max it will stop using energy which should lower operating costs assuming you have to supply it ecells.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: The CLS-PHQ-Dockware Manager Dilemma

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 18:15

FischAP wrote:CLS Mk2 ignores DWM limits and fills my HQ up with Si-Wafers.
Yes, that's right. Dockware Manager works only with CAG, AFAIK.

You can set limits in CLS2. You can also save the "data" and load it on other CLS2 ships if you have more than one.

If you ask your question in the Universe forum, you will get specific tips on how to tune up CLS2. There are a couple of extreme CLS2 fans there.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”