New space stations are now constantly losing product no matter where I build!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Yortstein
x3tc

New space stations are now constantly losing product no matter where I build!

Post by Yortstein » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 06:58

Now that I'm getting somewhere in Albion Prelude, every space station I build loses the product it makes, I have been playing the game for over two hundred days without any insurmountable problems and now this has completely ruined my game. What's the point of having factories if they dont always work, no matter where you put them? Is there any way to stop the constant loss of product and money as these factories are constantly producing, but constantly losing product and money? Is there a limit to the number of factories and ships you can own in the game before the game doesn't work properly? How do I supply my headquarters so it can repair since I can't build useable factories anymore? Is there something I can do to my factories to stop them from simply losing product? Is there any way to turn off the riduclous spawning of enemy ships, ie: Twenty ships jump into the sector at exactly the same time? Is it possible for my ships to do this? Why is it when I destroy enemy stations I lose favour with the Argon? Is there any point to destroying enemy stations? HOW DO I BUILD COMPLEX HUBs THAT DO NOT LOSE PRODUCT FOR NO REASON? WTF?!

After looking through the forum for X Rebirth, I have noticed other people having the same problem. This is obviously a problem with the game programming. I can't be bothered playing anymore. The player needs to be able to build factories that work, this is a requirement when playing the game, there is nothing that I've done in the game, but rather a technical issue with the programming which renders the game unplayable (in my opinion). Because of the many features of this game that simply do not work at all and other bugs that constantly ruin the gameplay, I am fed up with all the X games. They are all full of bugs which destroy the gameplay and I do not think your company should be making people pay money for these games because they are simply too buggy and annoying to play. Also availability of shields and weapons in all the games is simply not nearly enough, the vast majority of my time is spent finding shields and weapons and finding factories to build shields and weapons. This gets boring after fifty ships and mundane after three hundred. X games are too buggy and boring, cya!
YO!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 09:43

Moved rant from X3TC/X3AP Tech Sp. Since the vast majority of X3AP players have no such issues it will be your personal game modification state or installation that is suspect. If you care to post properly with the necessary information in X3TC/X3AP Tech Sp then we can try to help you. Meanwhile I suggest that you do a Steam gamefiles cache verification separately for X3TC and X3AP.

I do not see what anything posted in the X Rebirth forums has to do with X3AP! :roll:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 10:08

So...what game are you playing? X3:AP or X:Rebirth?

What (presumably high-tech) factory are you talking about?
Is the station set to allow selling products to NPC's/other races?

For 20 hostile ships to jump into the sector you most likely have build the station in either a Terran-Argon War Zone or on a Xenon Migration path.
Spoiler
Show
Unless you are currently doing one of the new plots (Shady Business?), which after a certain point send hunting parties out

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: New space stations are now constantly losing product no matter where I build!

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 18:04

Yortstein wrote:every space station I build loses the product it makes
What price do you set for the product(s)?

Set the price above Average if you do not want NPC's to buy from you. (Some products require you to set price at or near max to prevent purchase by NPC's).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 00:24

It appears the OP has just decided to rant and run rather than actually ask for help. It also sounds like he could've solved his problems if he'd asked for help. Oh well. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 08:50

does not ex[plain what is meant by losing products.

Yes, sounds like stations are set too low price and set to sell to NPC's.
Put first to high and second to "no"

ask instead of ranting....You might actually learn something :wink:

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 11:15

maybe he means that products which should be stacked are somehow lost.
in TC I had a selfsustaining complex with 27 Blissplaces and 27 Dream farms.
after it had worked flawlessly for several ingame days I noticed that there wasn't enough swamp plants available.
intermediate trading has been turned off from the beginning and the complex produces 1:1.
before starting up the complex I made sure that there would be enough swamp plants.
after I noticed I bought a TS full of swamp plants and unloaded it in the complex.
a few ingame days later I had the feeling levels had dropped once again.
it wasn't a big problem for me, but it's still a mystery what happened there.
maybe it comes from complicated calculations with large complexes?

nicpon86
x3ap

Post by nicpon86 » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 11:48

I noticed the same thing in my swamp plant/bliss place complex - I haven't had such thing in any of my other complexes. So propably this is only problem with swamp plant producing too slow? :)

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 16:04

nicpon86 wrote:I haven't had such thing in any of my other complexes.
me neither, and only in one of my five spaceweed complexes. (the biggest)
in AP I made an even bigger spaceweed complex which doesn't seem to have this problem.
(still unsure if this was the OP's problem at all)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 09:49

nicpon86 wrote:I noticed the same thing in my swamp plant/bliss place complex - I haven't had such thing in any of my other complexes. So propably this is only problem with swamp plant producing too slow? :)
Naah. The cycle time for the Dream Farm is one minute, in which it produces 10 of whatever unit they measure swamp plant in. The cycle time for the Bliss Place is 18 minutes, and it consumes 180 units of swamp plant per cycle, so it should work perfectly.

I have however noticed that if the resources your factories need is delayed so they can't start a new cycle, even if just for a few moments, it tend to throw the entire system off track and your factories end up whining about lack of resources until you either add a bit extra or shut down and let the stock of the resource in question build up a bit.

I had this problem with a nostrop complex in PTNI HQ, and my solution was to stock up enough e-cells, sunrise flowers and whatnot so that each tier could complete at least two cycles before running dry. Worked without a hitch for the rest of my game.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”