X3AP NPC bailing addon, how to setup

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shomey
x4

X3AP NPC bailing addon, how to setup

Post by Shomey » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 22:31

Hello,

I played my vanilla game untill I completed the Argon plot and the PHQ plot untill I can buy the TL with the PHQ in it. I have 7 universe traders from lower levels up to a few with 25. I have a few extra ships, the plot ships and I fly a shrike myself. Besides that, my bank is around 15million.

So I felt it was time to get some action going in my virtual universe. I installed improved races 15, npc bailing, npc salvage, salvage addon, marine repairs, station boarding and a few more.

The reason for me posting is that NPC bailing kills all balance in my game. Sectors are full of empty ships. Howevery usually they are lower quality. I think bail rate should be a little higher then the standaard game on small ships for myself. However NPC vs NPC bailing is quite common with improved races on. I gave the races a quick start and the Yaki invaded Empires Edge instantly by placing laser towers behind the gates. This sector is a ship graveyard(well with empty ships). Other places have 1 or 2 ships usually.

So the question is, how do I setup my NPC bailing while still keeping balance. I do want capital bails, however not as common. I still want the DAMN feeling when I get a huge ship for the first time.

My current settings are at:

Bail rate factor small = 5
Bail rate factor big = 3
Bail rate factor huge = 2
Bail hull factor small = 5
Bail hull factor big = 3
Bail hull factor huge = 2
Khaak = 100%
Xenon = 100%

Getting a few extra small ships compaired to vanilla doesnt feel to unbalanced I think. They are around the same worth as a good combat mission. I do however want a small chance to get a capital.

Can anyone help me setup the mod in a way that it works for me? Or is this mod allways very 'cheaty'? If anyone is able to explain how these factors result in an actual bail percentage that would be great aswell.

Thanks in advance!

Andyrids
x3tc

Post by Andyrids » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 04:17

I have mine set at :

Bail rate factor small = 2
Bail rate factor big = 1
Bail rate factor huge = 1
Bail hull factor small = 5
Bail hull factor big = 5
Bail hull factor huge = 5
Khaak = 100%
Xenon = 100%

With the self destruct set at the default 180 (I think it is)

And that seems to be ok for me at least, without the whole galaxy filling up with ships, if you use the Salvage Claim Software plugin then there is a NPC salvager option to enable and a response time if you set the response time to 2 hours or even 1 then they will clear up even further if your finding there is to many ships for your liking...

Hope that bit info is of some use at least.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”