Problem with Commercial Agent freighters in X3 AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chiliboy

Problem with Commercial Agent freighters in X3 AP

Post by chiliboy » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 18:29

Hello all,

Having a great time building my business empire, but I keep encountering a problem with my factory freighters.

They will ensist on jumping into hostile sectors, most often the war sectors around Omicron Lyrae.

I was wondering if the was anyway to set up a blacklist to stop my frieghters from going there.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 18:58

Hiya. Under the Exceptions options, you should be able to tell the Commercial Agent to trade only in sectors that contain an Advanced Satellite belonging to the player. Whilst setting up a network, you could set a restrictive Max Trade Range to keep them away from friendly war systems.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 19:03

Yep!

Open the command console and go to trade -> start commercial representation.

Under "Exceptions", hit on "Sectors" then "-Add Sector".

Now you just go through and keep adding sectors for the black list. When finished, make sure it is set for "Sector List Type (Blacklist)".

Now you will want to save this information for use later. So go back one screen and hit on "Data Storage" -> "Save Data". Pick an empty slot and give it a name you will recognize, such as CAG Sector Blacklist.

To set all your other CAGs you first need to assign a hotkey to the Commercial Agent: Administration. This is found on the Interface tab on the controls screen.

Seems you need to be in space for it to work, so undock and move somewhere safe then press the hotkey.

Press "Global Configuration". "Select Data" then pick the blacklist we just made.

Now hit on "Send Filter". Under the Data Selection heading you will see a bunch of things that say (send) <some text>. Click on each one to toggle it to (dont send). except for Exception Stations, Exception Sectors and Sector List Type.

Your menu should look like this:
[ external image ]

Now just hit escape or the back arrow and click on "Send to all colleagues". You should hear a sound confirming it was sent. You can check your other CAGs to make sure if you wish.

It is annoying to set up the first time but you can keep adding more sectors and saving the blacklist data then broadcasting it to everybody.

chiliboy

Post by chiliboy » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 19:23

Just set it up, the guide is perfect, very easy to follow.

thank you very much for your help

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 14:45

Sinxar, I have played this game on and off for years, and I didn't know that :-)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”