Which M6 is best ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What M6 is Best ?

Argon Centaur
22%
Boron Hydra
3%
Paranid Nemesis
11%
Split Dragon
30%
Taladi Osprey
33%

Total votes: 251

Ferd Harling
x2

Which M6 is best ?

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:02

What M6 has the best fire power ?
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:08

Osprey or Nemesis. Nothing can beat PSGs against large targets.

Dragon may be better against fighters though.

VISARATOR

Post by VISARATOR » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:08

the osprey has the most guns but the split dragon has the best weapons

ImDrFreak
x4

Post by ImDrFreak » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:15

Guns? fighters? what? to heck with that!

The Dragon -LOOKS- the coolest!

and that's what matters most. :lol:

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 22:38

So the Split Dragon has the vote on 33%

Or does it :?: :?: :?: . . .
Ferd Harling
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

beermonsta
x2

Post by beermonsta » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 22:42

i voted osprey cause i aint got a dragon (yet) went for the large shield option. so its all square again

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 22:53

beermonsta wrote:i voted osprey cause i aint got a dragon (yet) went for the large shield option. so its all square again
Not acording to the votes . . .
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

beermonsta
x2

Post by beermonsta » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:05

well it was

i like how no one has voted for the hydra :)
come on some one own up who ownes one? ans how bad /good is it?

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:16

beermonsta wrote:well it was

i like how no one has voted for the hydra :)
come on some one own up who ownes one? ans how bad /good is it?
And how many times did you vote :)
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

Hugoz
x3tc

Post by Hugoz » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:21

As my opinion Hydra has a cool look , and is fast but as weapons is crap . :)
AMD K5 133 Mhz; scheda madre Fic Pio-3; Ram 32Mb ; scheda video 3dFx Vodoo; HD 1.5 Gb ; modem 28.8Kbps; OS Window 95 (monitor da 13", 256 colori)
http://it.universox.wikia.com/wiki/UniversoX_Wiki

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:21

Well, the question asked was "which M6 has the best firepower", and technically that's a bit of a toss-up between the Osprey and the Dragon--but on the whole I think 4xGHEPT + 2xBHEPT beats 5xGHEPT.

Thomas2052
x4

Post by Thomas2052 » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:26

Well, I personnaly like the Dragon Better 'cos it looks better and is faster but the Osprey is for capital killing and Warlords. And The Hydra...
Spoiler
Show
During the mission when Mi Ton gives you one, I tested it out and it didn't even survive that. Its slower than the dragon, has less weapon slots than any of the others and terrible hull. Its also ugly too.
The Dragon wins hands down, I dont have all day to get around the universe.... and if I do.... I do it in STYLE 8)
Older. Not wiser.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 23:30

22m/s slower than the dragon....

That ship only has the basic equipment. Not a full amount of engine tunings and a single 125MW shield.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 00:18

yeah, i like the dragon the most, have you tried ejecting and space walking around to the exhausts? its actually massive! you dont realise until you fly around it in your space suit. i have a cool pic but i cant host it on here :( and the osprey looks like crud..

Lister Storm
x3ap

Post by Lister Storm » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 00:24

i think the paranid nemesis because the design lol or you think not?

Prosthetic Head
x3

Post by Prosthetic Head » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 01:45

james_2k wrote:yeah, i like the dragon the most, have you tried ejecting and space walking around to the exhausts? its actually massive! you dont realise until you fly around it in your space suit. i have a cool pic but i cant host it on here :( and the osprey looks like crud..
I did that to my split elephant - needless to say i got bored before i traveld from 1 end 2 the other) i was looking for the front end to look at the cockpit. never did find it.

Redjack
x3

Post by Redjack » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 01:51

Lister Storm wrote:i think the paranid nemesis because the design lol or you think not?
It looks like a.... slightly used Dragon.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 02:22

Prosthetic Head wrote:
james_2k wrote:yeah, i like the dragon the most, have you tried ejecting and space walking around to the exhausts? its actually massive! you dont realise until you fly around it in your space suit. i have a cool pic but i cant host it on here :( and the osprey looks like crud..
I did that to my split elephant - needless to say i got bored before i traveld from 1 end 2 the other) i was looking for the front end to look at the cockpit. never did find it.
its pretty cool eh? your ships look a lot bigger if your in 3rd person view, funnily enough they look quite small looking from the first person. lol you can upgrade your space suit at an equipment dock, they can get boosted up to 70/ms with faster turning! i havent found a way to mount my Ghepts yet though :(
another thing, i just took a spacewalk through a jumpgate! i think i will sell all of my ships and just spend the rest of my x2 career sightseeing by foot, as it were :):)

RadioactiveYeti
x2

Post by RadioactiveYeti » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 05:05

I was messing around with the space-walking as well, I was amazed to find that the scale of the ships relative to the space-suit is almost perfect, it was really neat. For instance, try flying under your corvette to your docked M5, you'll be able to go through it(I guess so it doesn't collide with anything), and the space-suit fits perfectly in it. The same goes for the windows on the stations, which in most games look like they were designed for ants... :)

Sabo
x2

Post by Sabo » Sat, 20. Mar 04, 10:32

Im a centaur man. I dont like the sluggishness of the osprey, i dont like the single gun on the front of the dragon. I like the balanced Centaur :)

Although i think it should fly about 240m/s because that would give it more of an advantage over the Osprey.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”