Lottery Winners

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Beakaldo
x2

Lottery Winners

Post by Beakaldo » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 01:50

Has anyone ever wont the X lottery??? I spend loads on it and never win. there must be a formula to it because they wouldnt give you the last winning numbers. :?

n0tsane
x3tc

Post by n0tsane » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:00

i've bought maybe 200 tickets so far and none of them have been a winner. i'm still buying them though. i make enough to support my habit :)

Sadan01
x3tc

Post by Sadan01 » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:11

I've bought about 400 tickets and never won. Some people on here have said that they have won but I want to see a screenshot before I believe it. :twisted:

If I even win, I'll be posting a screenshot of the winnings (and the confirming message log entry that I have won). I dont think I am ever going to win though. :cry:
Guess what? I've named a boil on my arse after you. It too bothers me everytime I sit down.

Sadan01 :skull:

Lister Storm
x3ap

Post by Lister Storm » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:20

at the german forum has no one win the jack pot i think its a fake rofl i have buy 350

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:36

Considering the odds in a typical lottery, go ahead and buy a few billions more tickets before declaring that it is fake! I'll wait for the good news from you! :D

Selentar
x2

Post by Selentar » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:13

Theoretically, it should be possible to win since, if you check out your stats screen and scroll down, you'll see that it lists the number of tickets you have bought and how many jackpots you have won... :gruebel:

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:17

Although the number of wins you might have can be up to any number (including zero)

Silentz

Post by Silentz » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:26

I dont enter the real lottery, which costs a pound. I'm definitely not entering a fake lottery which costs 500 a shot and has 8 numbers!

It's a tax on the stupid ;) :D

faye
x2

Post by faye » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:30

Lister Storm wrote:at the german forum has no one win the jack pot i think its a fake rofl i have buy 350
he hasn't won it ;)
he sent me a screeny, but if sb thinks i'm too stupid to see he wrote the stuff in the log himself.. well.. :roll: i'm not ^^

btw any of you noticed in the personal menu there's a point for jackpots won ?
is it really possible to win it or not ?
coz in fact the jackpots alway round billions.. but you can't have more than 2 billion creds in the game, due to the programming.. if you got 1 or 2 credits more (it's kinda 32 bit thing, whatever.. read is somewhere in the german forum..), the counter jumps back to 0 and all the creds are lost..
but don't ask me if that's only for the money you carrying along or for the fabs too, i don't know :roll:
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
[ external image ]

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:30

It generally costs 2500 (may depend on how much cash you have) but I think it also has 10 numbers (from 1-100)

Korvuss
x2

Post by Korvuss » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:30

Ive bought over 1000 tickets and won zilch, but i think there is a cmbination by addiong the numbers or something to win it!
Your soul is mine,
You cannot run,
For I am the angle of Death

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:31

I'm definitely not entering a fake lottery which costs 500 a shot and has 8 numbers!
EH, whatda mean 500 a shot :o , I am being asked to stump up 2500 a shot. They are trying to rob me :(
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:33

I'd heard that the cash would be deposited in the form of several cargo cannisters - bit like safety deposit boxes each with 1 billion credits in them. These don't take up any cargo space, and can be 'cashed' in any one of your factorys.

Interesting, eh :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

jimbob35
x2

Post by jimbob35 » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:42

Assuming that the X lottery is in some way the same as the real lottery.

The real lottery issues millions of tickets out and only one or two win jackpot right?

In X its only you buying tickets, yet there may be one combination in a million that would work and that combination isnt necessarly on the options screen.

Its just like you and only you buying a single ticket in the real lottery, no chance of winning! Well there is a slim chance, about as slim as an atom!

Winning a billion is a game spoiler, if it IS winnable make it a few million i think.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 17:51

All the Argon lottery winners usually move to the "posh" end of the X-universe and buy a nice little 28 bedroom country mansion and settle down with the "Miss X-Universe" winner.

The Split winners like nothing better than buying a fashionable pad opposite the public Torture chambers, so they have hours of free entertainment.

The Boron, they like to keep it quiet and nearly always tick the no publicity box.

The Teladi they seem to lose it all in some business venture that they aren't really up to running. Don't believe everything you hear about all Teladis being good at business, if they are desperate to buy a lottery ticket they can't be that good!

The few Paranid who play like to keep it quiet as it customary that any windfalls are used to help for the upkeep of many of the religious buildings that are spread thoughout the Paranid planets. It has been known for Paranid Lottery winners to "go missing" when they have refused to pay up.

IO

qball69
x3tc

Post by qball69 » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 18:07

jimbob35 wrote: In X its only you buying tickets, yet there may be one combination in a million that would work and that combination isnt necessarly on the options screen.
I make it 1 in ... 7,503,063,898,176,000 to win the Jackpot.

Does anyone know if it is just one jackpot prize or some smaller prizes aswell (like the Lotto in the UK).

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 18:08

AFAIK it's just the big one. :)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

odin_grey
xr

Post by odin_grey » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 18:50

***Wonders what kind of tax you would be paying***

Personally, if I ever won the lottery, I prolly wouldn't use any of it.
Ruins that game if you ask me, like cheats. I might grab 1 billion in my cargo hold and script out something like 900 million of it, and use that for factories. But where's the fun unless you grit your teeth and earn it.

I still buy tickets every time I see them tho :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”