Can't get rid of an enemy Tyr in my hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ShadowPhantom
x3tc

Can't get rid of an enemy Tyr in my hub

Post by ShadowPhantom » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 11:16

I finished the Xenon Hub Plot in X3AP not long ago. During the plot a Tyr destroyer (12 GJ shields) entered my hub, and now I can't get rid of it, I tried killing it with Hammerhead and Spectre missiles but it destroys all the missiles before they can hit it. My biggest ship is a basic Centaur (and a Kha'ak Corvette) so I don't think there's much more I can do...

I then linked Segaris and the Xenon sector, hoping to see some big Xenon ships who would take care of the Tyr, but I don't see much Xenon activity.

I tried an Argon M148 <-> Enduring Light link, as there is a strong military presence in M148, but they stay there, they don't come into my hub.

I'm thinking of linking Segaris and Megnir, hoping that the Tyr would go back home, but it could also make other big Terran ships come into my hub...

Or maybe link more Xenon sectors, but then again I may have to face a big Xenon fleet if they don't go back home.

Any suggestion? :?

Martinez90
x3ap

Post by Martinez90 » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 11:58

That's tough situaton. Have you tried jumping into kestrel? Harass the thing until it starts following you then lead it into the desired sector of doom.
It should work, but make sure u have Mosquito Missile Defense installed.
MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3" 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Can't get rid of an enemy Tyr in my hub

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 12:11

ShadowPhantom wrote:I tried killing it with Hammerhead and Spectre missiles but it destroys all the missiles before they can hit it.
Use Typhoons. They are heavy swarm missiles which will penetrate the Tyr's defense turrets. It may require many missiles, but enough of them will do the job.

Or get a TP and board an M7M. :pirat:

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Can't get rid of an enemy Tyr in my hub

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 13:22

DrBullwinkle wrote:
ShadowPhantom wrote:I tried killing it with Hammerhead and Spectre missiles but it destroys all the missiles before they can hit it.
Use Typhoons. They are heavy swarm missiles which will penetrate the Tyr's defense turrets. It may require many missiles, but enough of them will do the job.

Or get a TP and board an M7M. :pirat:
This. Swarm missiles are easily the most effective choice against the improved missile defense in AP. Getting up close and firing them at point blank range also helps, but in this case you'll probably get obliterated by SSC fire.

Another solution could be to dump a truckload of fighter drones on it, but then you'll probably need hundreds of them.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 15:45

If you’ve finished the hub plot you should be worth a few billion.

Get yourself a M8 bomber and barrage the Tyr.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 16:00

Alche wrote:Get yourself a M8 bomber and barrage the Tyr.
that's what I would do
8)

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 16:58

Alche wrote:If you’ve finished the hub plot you should be worth a few billion.

Get yourself a M8 bomber and barrage the Tyr.
X3AP Hub plot is much easier than in TC, so you don't come out of it with an empire of microchips.

You have a few options.
-Link between Xenon Core 032 and another Xenon sector - you should get plenty of Tyr-killing traffic. This isn't a good solution though, because then you have the same problem, except it's now a Xenon fleet.

-If you are still in an M6 it will take a long time before you acquire the resources to board a Tyr. Awesome if you can do it, but will take patience.

-Therefore you have to destroy the Tyr yourself. As mentioned, your best bet is a metric crapton of swarm missiles. Normally I advise Wraiths, but if you're an enemy of the Terrans you won't be getting your hands on any of those (although how did you manage to fire Spectres from a Centaur? That should be impossible?). Perhaps you should leave the Tyr alone for now and work on getting hold of either a very large stack of Typhoons, or an M7 of your own. In player hands, the likes of a Tiger should be able to take on a Tyr and win, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find IBLs in Albion Prelude...

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 18:46

Buy bigger ship(s) and kill it like a man. You have to be able to protect your property, even if you play like a trader.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 18:48

Give him a break... he is still very early in his game. You get the Hub in AP two minutes into the game. Approximately. ;)

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 19:13

You can also get a fully loaded destroyer in no time if you care. :P
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 19:14

True, but that takes more than twice as long as doing the Hub plot. So like at least five minutes. ;)

Gruber1232002
x3

Post by Gruber1232002 » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 19:16

I've never tried it, and it may not even work in AP but in the past I've heard tales of enterprising folks dropping wheat farms and the like on problematic enemy ships. Of course that's assuming you have your own TL....
AP 3.1 Vanilla + Bonus Pack. For now....

XENON
Boarding the Xenon TC 2.7

Exotic Boarding Maneuvers TC 2.7
2 TP's
2 M7M's

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 19:58

Yeah dropping a cheap station would be the least expensive way but you need your own tl -_- for that price you may as well get something that can simply kill tyr.

If you aren't too shabby with fighting a decent corvette can take on tyr... just note where SSCs are and don't get near them. But you still need a decent corvette for that hyperion would probably be the easiest one just mount ISRs and stay out of 2km range while you are slowly pealing it apart. Or any corvette with good speed and most importantly steering that can mount 2.5km+ weaponry.

You could even outfit your centaur with CIGs and give it a shot...
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 21:11

hisazul wrote:Yeah dropping a cheap station would be the least expensive way but you need your own tl -_- for that price you may as well get something that can simply kill tyr....
Nah, you can hire a TL to do the job, one cheap fab later and boom… bye bye Tyr.

Definitely the winner here :wink:

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 21:38

Station bombing works, but I always feel cheesy after. I'd go with the M8 option.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 10. Feb 14, 23:24

Timsup2nothin wrote:Station bombing works, but I always feel cheesy after. I'd go with the M8 option.
Your feelings don't matter here, only the OP's. :P

Besides, he could drop a station he wants to keep. A big station will probably survive the 'bombing', and he could claim he just wanted to place the station and the Tyr was in the wrong place at that wrong time. :mrgreen: :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 00:01

Nanook wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Station bombing works, but I always feel cheesy after. I'd go with the M8 option.
Your feelings don't matter here, only the OP's. :P

Besides, he could drop a station he wants to keep. A big station will probably survive the 'bombing', and he could claim he just wanted to place the station and the Tyr was in the wrong place at that wrong time. :mrgreen: :fg:
No doubt. I was just explaining my preference among the two equally effective options.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 00:35

I know, just teasing you. :wink:

However, the M8 option in AP isn't as effective because AP ships have very effective missile defenses. Added to that, the M8's in AP only have a couple of missile tubes, so can only launch 'barrages' of 2 at a time. This makes them much less effective than they were in TC. I tried to barrage a Colossus in my own Hub (playing as Terran) and the missiles were all shot down before reaching the target. I then tried a few dozen fighter drones as distractions and the Colossus' missile defense shot them all down well short of their target. In short, it takes a lot more missiles in AP to kill a big target than it did in TC. And with the cost of missiles, plus buying the M8, the station bomb is much cheaper, not to mention foolproof.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 01:39

I always overkill so heavily with the M8 that it has become my preferred solution to all major problems.

I just start at something around maximum range out in the general direction the target is going and pointed at them, match speed with the torpedoes, and launch the whole bay as fast as I can. When they all arrive together they pretty much win. Emptying the entire missile bay is expensive though I must admit.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 02:57

I'll go with the board the Tyr option myself.

what's the issue with keeping the Tyr in there for a while longer?

Is he killing stuff?

I've had a Boron Megalodon stuck in my hub forever. I'm keeping him there cause he patrols the sector for me.

:D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”