Performance issues..

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joebloweres

Performance issues..

Post by Joebloweres » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 06:44

I have the rebalance mod installed and It seems to stutter or lag very easily..

For example 2-3 M2 ships fighting.

I don't really understand why this is happening as I have a beastly computer.. maybe one can tune me in as to what I am doing wrong?

I have a
3970x @ 3.8 Ghz
16 gb ram
and SLI 780

With this I would think simply 2-3 M2 ships fighting would not make the game lag... is there any specific GPU things I must change? sli modes etc...

Thanks...

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 06:47

You're in a pickle now! You've admitted using mods so you cornered yourself out of using the tech support forum, but this isn't really (necessarily) a script/mod thread either. What a quandary!

Personally I'd think your computer should be fine but I would ask what sector you're in, what other ships are in sector, what else is your computer doing at the time, etc... Also some of the extra Terran capitals in XRM have an enormous number of polygons that don't reduce no matter how far the camera is from them (iirc). Sometimes lots of those ships in a sector can make you chug a bit. What other mods do you have?

Someone'll probably ask for a dxdiag so they can tell you to update your keyboard drivers or something. lol

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 07:29

Try turning the game running specs down a bit. Medium isnt really noticiably different to high, and the game flows better.

Also, I've noticed that if your firewall/antivirus starts a download while playing, the game suffers badly. I unplug the net and turn off the firewall when playing, and turn off any other unwanted program, especially if they like the net being on.

Litcube
xr

Re: Performance issues..

Post by Litcube » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 15:51

Joebloweres wrote:maybe one can tune me in as to what I am doing wrong?
Joebloweres wrote:I have the rebalance mod installed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”