text not found in missile select screen

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Valerathon

text not found in missile select screen

Post by Valerathon » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 08:16

I tried modding a bit and was able to make a working missile, does what a missile does and such. Its name appears in the Menu>Ship>Weapons screen when equipping from there and also works when checking it from the Menu>Ship>Weapons screen.

But when quick changing the missile from weapon list in the lower-left side of the cockpit screen (at least I think that's what its called) the name of the missile doesn't appear, it shows something like =TextIDnotfound=

That's the only time the name doesn't appear right. I know it's not that big of a deal, but it annoys me...

Also, I use the cheat menu to test spawn the ships and weapons I make, and their name appear just fine there

021414 17:51
*edit: I'm using X3 Reunion 2.5 *only*, no TC/AP. The TShips, TMissiles, and TLasers files weren't edited directly in the *.cat but extracted and placed properly in the game install folder.

The 440001.xml wasn't edited directly, instead, I made a different file in the "X3 Reunion>t" folder titled "449999.xml" (didn't conflict or overwrite any other file in that folder, even checked it in VFS of X3 editor) and the Name IDs used were between 450000-459999.

The names of the custom weapons I've made appear nearly everywhere else they need to be *except* on the Weapon Control System Display on the lower-left part of the HUD.

I've been scanning the "Strings on memory" tab on X3Editor and the Name IDs I've made appear in the "Boardcomp.objects" (ID 17). Now, I've been scanning the other strings there and I see a "Tooltip strings" (ID 1906)... Not sure If I also need to add my items there too (I'll prolly be able to do it the same way I did the Name IDs) but I dunno what ID number to use in the string and if I did, I still don't know what *.pck or whatever references tooltip strings cuz I think I'll also need to edit said *pck or whatever...

A little help? anyone? anyone?...

Valerathon

Post by Valerathon » Thu, 13. Feb 14, 19:30

Bump

PM'ed euclid (Thanks again :D) and he suggested I equip a vanilla weapon on a new ship and use AstroGrep to search for the weapon's pID/nID on other xmls/cats and see if those records reference the tooltip strings.

AstroGrep is still searching and while it's doing that, I'm hoping for info from others who have encountered or solved this problem.

Valerathon

Post by Valerathon » Fri, 14. Feb 14, 00:01

Final Bump

Figured it out and it definitely had to do with the tooltip scripts.

But dang! Not even a single reply on my post...

Suddenly, the universe (X universe?) feels kinda empty...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. Feb 14, 00:46

Valerathon wrote:Figured it out and it definitely had to do with the tooltip scripts.
What was the problem? And how did you fix it?
Valerathon wrote:But dang! Not even a single reply on my post...

Suddenly, the universe (X universe?) feels kinda empty...
This is the X3R Scripts and Modding Forum, not one of the 'main' forums (i.e. X Trilogy or X3TC/AP Scripts and Modding Forum). Most, if not all, scripters and modders have moved to X3TC/AP already years ago. So it usually may take a few days before someone answers here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Valerathon

Post by Valerathon » Fri, 14. Feb 14, 02:43

X2-Illuminatus wrote:What was the problem? And how did you fix it?
Original problem was that the names of the custom weapons I made appeared as =TextIdNotFound= when swapping weapons using the WCS on the lower-left side of the HUD, It only happened there and not while viewing them from freight window or spawning them via cheat script.

Solution I found was to add the Name ID of the custom weps from pID 17 to pID 1906 but slightly modified.

ie:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="17" title="Boardcomp.objects" descr="">
 <t id="21001">Ark High Energy Plasma Thrower</t>
 <t id="21002">Arklight modified High Energy Plasma Thrower for increased damage, projectile speed, and rate of fire.  A standard for all Arklight vessels</t>
 <t id="21101">Death Seeker Missile</t>
 <t id="21102">Developed by Arklight based on the Tempest Missile. The Death Seeker Missile retains the ability to track and change targets and the speed and yield of the projectile were increased but the blast radius of the missile was significantly reduced to allow for relatively safe firing while in the heat of combat.</t>
This is what was added to pID 17

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="1906" title="Tooltip scripts" descr="">
 <t id="121001">Ark High Energy Plasma Thrower</t>
 <t id="221101">Death Seeker Missile</t>
And this was added to pID 1906

I noticed all the lasers and missiles were there and the Name IDs there for weps had 6 digits (1xxxxx or 2xxxxx where xxxxx is their Name ID in pID 17). At pID 17, all weps had less than 5 digits, even ships I think. So I tried adding my stuff there and used 1xxxxx for lasers and 2xxxxx for missiles and it worked.
X2-Illuminatus wrote:This is the X3R Scripts and Modding Forum, not one of the 'main' forums (i.e. X Trilogy or X3TC/AP Scripts and Modding Forum). Most, if not all, scripters and modders have moved to X3TC/AP already years ago. So it usually may take a few days before someone answers here.
Yeah, that makes sense...
I wanna switch to X3TC/AP too but it'd take me weeks of mall hunting to find those games here(I ain't in murhika). It was only chance that I spotted X3R in a discount bin. I've played freelancer years ago and I loved that game but it kinda got boring after 100+ playthroughs of the vanilla and modded games so X3R is a new adventure me.

I ain't exactly loaded that I can afford a decent internet connection here so steam and d2d aint practical options for me. No matter though, X3R can keep me occupied till I get my hands on X3TC/AP.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”