Boarding Question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

knightal
x4

Boarding Question

Post by knightal » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 04:12

Hi

Thanks for the great XRM MOD really enjoying the AP upgrade.

I have not played this game a lot so please excuse my ignorance on this subject.

I'm in Aldrin and I noticed that there are a few Mammoths sitting near some of the gates which are basically inactive. When I try to communicate with them I get no response.

My thinking is can these ships be boarded and claimed.

I have a Springblossom with 8 marines and I can get the Mammoths shields destroyed easily to zero.

However when I try to board or launch the marines I get the message "Command Cannot Be Executed"

Is this because these ships are not able to be boarded or is there something I'm not doing?

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Allan :?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 10:54

Actually it sounds like the mod is not installed correctly.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 11:11

If you have a lot of Mammoths in the universe, it is likely that you have another mod installed that modifies the Tships file. What other mods do you have installed?

(If this is the case, I think you're going to be borked on your save. You'll have to get rid of one of the mods and start a new game).

Here is a good reference link for why that is, and why I suspect you have a conflicting mod. If that is not the case, then I'm not sure what the issue with your game is.

knightal
x4

Post by knightal » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 13:03

HI

Thanks for your reply's

The mods I have installed are;

Cockpit Mod v1.30b with glass tints and reflections by PSCO1 --- SPK Version
RM Backgrounds Pack v1.02 (Solar System)
And the XRM Mod

There are not a lot of Mammoths. There is one or two in Aldrin near some of the Gates.

Thanks
Allan

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 14:25

Hello again knightal,

I'm mapping Aldrin at the moment (also using XRM AP) and currently I don't see any Mammoths at all. I suppose there could be something that spawns them there, but it would seem odd to me... as Terrans have their own TL's. Mammoths are an Argon (and maybe sometimes Pirate?) ship.

In any event I'm not sure what the issue is, but you might be better off asking in the XRM thread. Good luck!

knightal
x4

Post by knightal » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 02:19

Hi

Again thanks for the info. After reading through the link you gave I'm leaning toward the fact that there is a conflict happening.

I have X3 AP installed through Steam also X3 TC and I added a downloaded ship in that version of X3 AP (It was a .xsp file ship from Star-trek)

I later installed X3 XRM MOD being new to all this I did not think that the two were connected at all. I guess they must share some files.

I got caught up in the X-Rebirth debacle, tried it for a while, then came back to X3 so it was some time ago when I installed the mods.
I will have to do some exploring to see just how and where all the MODS were placed/installed.

To let you know what I found out after further examining.
There are Three Argon Mammoths TLCO-09, 10 & 11

TLCO-09 is at the Aldrin South Gate
TLCO-10 is at the Aldrin West Gate
TLCO-11 is at the Aldrin2 South Gate

Also to test further there were 3 Terran Customs Mammoths in the area so I attacked one of them and got the shields down and the command to board seemed to work OK.
I say seemed because I did not survive long enough to see the end result.

Not sure what the best option to do with this is, for now I'll just continue on and look at where the mods were installed and take out the mod ship and see if it make any difference.

Thanks for your help in this matter you have I believe solved the puzzle.

It would have been nice to capture 3 Mammoths with no resistance, but hey I guess there are no free lunches even in the X Universe.

Regards
Allan

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Feb 14, 02:51

As suggested, you should ask your question(s) in the XRM thread. There you will get help from the author.

If you are seeing many Mammoths, then it is probably a conflict with TShips. In your installation scenario (with a .xsp ship already installed) it is VITAL that you open and close the Plugin Manager after installing XRM. Failure to do so will mess up many ships in your universe (making them Mammoths rather than the correct ship).

After opening and closing the Plugin Manager, it will probably take several game days before your universe will become semi-normal. Or restart your game for faster/better results.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”