Editing Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

thephoneix

Editing Albion Prelude

Post by thephoneix » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 19:47

I love Terran Conflict and been away from it for a long time. I use the many tools to edit TC to make it become easier. I just heard of the new expansion Albion Prelude. I like editing the ships,bullets,laser, and/or anything else in the game and download scripts and mods. Can you still edit and mod the expansion like the Terran Conflict boxed version since you have to download using Steam?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 19:56

There are a lot of mods for AP just as there are for TC (you can see many on the first page of this forum).

Personally, I'd download the nosteam executables for TC and AP -- and rename my game directory -- (as well as keep a vanilla backup install) so that Steam doesn't auto "update" X3 when you open it to play other games.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Editing Albion Prelude

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Feb 14, 20:08

thephoneix wrote:Can you still edit and mod the expansion like the Terran Conflict boxed version since you have to download using Steam?
Yes. Same tools and techniques. The major thing to know is that most AP-specific files are in the addon tree underneath the TC folder. Use "Open from VFS" in X3Editor (after setting your profile correctly). VFS will always find the file that the game will use.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”