[X3TC] Operation Final Fury: Stuck in a loop

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hydris

[X3TC] Operation Final Fury: Stuck in a loop

Post by hydris » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 09:50

Hi (and first post here),

I'm having an issue with completing the Operation: Final Fury plot.

The Split at the Military Base is giving me repeat missions, and I've been sent to protect a Military Outpost in the same Kha'ak Sector three times already - afterwards I'd be sent to guard a convoy multiple times, then going back to same Kha'ak Sector for the same Military Outpost again.
Whenever I do the missions, the game [seems to] recognize(s) it as complete, but the plot doesn't go actually further.

I've checked around and
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 18#3295018
describes my situation similarly, but my game version is 3.2 (however I am also using the Bonus Package). If it helps or makes a difference, I'm playing the game on Steam.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 11:56

Final Fury will give multiple repeat missions, but if things go well your special Operation Final Fury rank(for e.g. lieutenant or sergeant) will also go up, is that the case?
Spoiler
Show
When you reach the rank of captain you will receive special orders
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

hydris

Post by hydris » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 12:29

If that's how the plot works then I haven't come across much of an issue then. :oops:
[Besides the annoyance and being shot at by Kha'ak while the unskippable(?) scene plays whenever I enter the sector]

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 12:55

Well yes indeed,
Spoiler
Show
when defending that militairy base in the Kha'ak sector everytime that scene is played, and those Kha'ak ships will spawn allmost immediately.
Personally I found those repetitive missions in between boring at some point, was glad when that plot was over. Didn't want to miss the end though.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”