[TC] Video function on advanced satellites and use of camera drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Astronoid
x3tc

[TC] Video function on advanced satellites and use of camera drones

Post by Astronoid » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 12:25

I read a lot of comments and guides and so, but I still can't find the way I can use this thing nor how it works. Does it work OOS, what exactly does it do etc. Also I can't figure out how camera drones work, how do I get them to show me sth. Please help.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 12:56

Don't know what camera drones are about, but for the Adv Satellite....

Place an Advanced Satellite in the sector you are in.

Open Sector Map.

Press K.

Bam! You can now see the 3D models on your sector map. Very very useful for building complexes.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 17:09

Wow, didn't know that, thanks! Still searching for the purpose of camera drones tough.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 20:17

Camera drones have no purpose. Don't bother with them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Wed, 19. Feb 14, 13:35

All right, thanks! I won't try my whole keyboard out again, hopelessly trying to find a key it responds to. :lol:
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 02:44

Astronoid wrote:All right, thanks! I won't try my whole keyboard out again, hopelessly trying to find a key it responds to. :lol:
There is a button on sector map next to +/- that looks like old school projector. That's the advanced satellite "video" mode :P And yeah that combined with switching axis is pretty much awesome for complex building. Otherwise you are doing it blind.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

mouser9169
x3tc

Post by mouser9169 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 07:22

hisazul wrote:
Astronoid wrote:All right, thanks! I won't try my whole keyboard out again, hopelessly trying to find a key it responds to. :lol:
There is a button on sector map next to +/- that looks like old school projector. That's the advanced satellite "video" mode :P And yeah that combined with switching axis is pretty much awesome for complex building. Otherwise you are doing it blind.
Now I learn this... after laying down 30 something factories...

S'Alright though - this time I just laid them on a big enough grid I knew they wouldn't be touching each other. Nice effect, actually. I imagine once I get it five or six levels deep it will be rather 'Borg'ish.
All that is gold does not glitter;
Not all those who wander are lost.

While you've been reading this post, I've been making profitsss.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 10:20

Hehe, I always made my complexes (5x30+ stations and a 120+) by putting down one station, and then positioning the others on that one (num5 I think), then pushing them away on either axis. It can work pretty well, if you get the hang of it, but I guess it's easier if you see 3D in the map too.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 23:11

Once you connect two factories together with a CCK, they become one unit and hence no collisions. Using this fact, I've taken to building all my factories in a complex right on top of each other and quickly connecting them to the complex with a CCK. Identical factories overlap perfectly and look like a single unit. But adding different kinds of factories this way turns a spindly looking factory into something much more complex and industrial looking. It also has the added benefit of reducing the tubing down to a bare minimum and incorporating those tubes into the overall structure.

Rather cool looking, too, IMO. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 00:08

OMG, why didn't I think about this earlier?! I knew they don't collide once they're connected, but it never came to my mind that what if I put them in one place. It was somehow not natural, so I didn't bother thinking about it. I'll try it, this suggestion has my mood raised for some complexing, thanks Nanook! And all the others!
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”