Issue with mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Akalay

Issue with mods

Post by Akalay » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 05:20

I'm sorry to put something like this up, but I'm truly at a loss. I'm running multiple mods, and there seems to be a problem with seta and sector maps. While in seta mode, there is a high probability that drones with simply cease movement and their energy will not deplete. Sometimes in and out of seta, ships will "step" around when given a command, such as follow, meaning they accelerate to max, then full stop, repeat, repeat. When looking the sector map, it may freeze entirely, meaning all shops within cease all function, yet the sector I am in will continue as normal, or at some points it will update when I move the selection, only to freeze again. The reason I post this is because I would like to notify the creators of the mod responsible, but I have yet been able to determine the mod, so if anyone has had these problems before, please post the mods you had activated at the time, or if you know the guilty mod, then please notify me. The mods I am currently running are as follows.

1. Anarkis defense system
2. Board station
3. Build gates
4. Community plugin configuration
5. DDTC Unleashed
6. Escape pods
7. Improved Kha'ak 2
8. Improved races 2
9. Json parser library
10. Lv.lib
11. Marine repairs & training
12. Mars-tc-ap
13. Npc Boarding
14. Npc bailing add on
15. Pirate guild 3
16. Pirate starts
17. Player shipyard alpha
18. Race response fleets (currently inactive)
19. Scs (no idea what this is)
20. Shiploot

If anyone knows anything that can help, please respond, if anyone knows having some of these mods is redundant, if their ability a are added in other mods, please tell me also, that's the reason race response
Fleets is inactive.

Thank you in advance.

Schultski

Hard way...?

Post by Schultski » Tue, 29. Apr 14, 18:41

From your list, most of your 'MODs' are scripts-based, which means that it will be hard tracking all of on-going 'activities' within your game.
Most likely, these 'faults' are the result of multiple 'command-cross' in one of your installed scripts...

I do not encounter such as 'faulty MODs' whatsoever, but I can recommend 1 thing to 'troubleshoot' your problems [I'm very sorry if these 'recommendations' are not the best way to do things]:

[=] Try to play your game with single script, one by one [=]
- Some people [especially newbies] are using this method to 'find out' which scripts or MODs that are causing broken game plays. I suggest that start out with a script a a time, and when everything is alright, add up new scripts 1 or 2, and so on...

Hope this helps,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”