X3 Terran Conflict Jumpdrive disappears?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ClownDevilBoy
x3ap

X3 Terran Conflict Jumpdrive disappears?

Post by ClownDevilBoy » Sat, 22. Feb 14, 02:13

Been having this same problem 5 times now. I start as the Terran chick and go through all the plots. I finish the Hub plot and go to do the Aldrin Expansion plot and my jumpdrive has disappeared from all of my ships and everytime I install a new one it just disappears as well. I really do not want to go all the way back and start again for the sixth time.

Only mod I am running is the cheat mod. X3 Terran Conflict v3

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 22. Feb 14, 15:10

Jumpdrives, police licences and salvage insurance disappearing when you change personal ships is normally a symptom of a corrupt game installation. Sometimes it was a bad mod/script installation that had corrupted the game. Try a Steam gamefile cache verify for X3TC.

That said, there are occasions in the late X3 vanilla plots (more in X3AP I think) when your jumpdrive is deliberately disabled and you get it back again later in the plot.

Some types of ships may come with jumpdrives preinstalled such that they don't appear in cargo but do appear in ship info. That may be more for X3AP too though. These types can be cheated in as player ships ...
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 23:43

I don't recall the jumpdrive ever just disappearing in any plot in TC, and I've done most of them numerous times. They certainly don't disappear from ships you aren't personally flying. It certainly sounds like a corrupt installation, to me. Can you give us any more details on when and where it disappears, and whether it's on all your ships at the same time or not?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”