Xtension and mouse

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

registerfkingsucks

Xtension and mouse

Post by registerfkingsucks » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 11:54

hello,

I try to play xtension but and here is what's happening :

I can click on my mouse and it will fire my laser but whan i move my mouse, nothing happens at all : I also cannot see any cursors in the main menu.

I tried to change the options but nothing will do.

The game recognize my arcade stick and my xbox controler and I use steam version.

If anyone have any idea what's going on, I will be glad to know, If not then I guess I'm an unlucky fellow.

Have a nice day.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 15:48

There is no mouse cursor in X-Tension. Moving the mouse will turn the ship, but only slightly until you've upgraded it, so you may need to make quite big movements to see any effect initially.

registerfkingsucks

Post by registerfkingsucks » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 20:30

Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciated.

Does that mean there is no way to increase the movement at all ? ( I cannot in any way move the ship, it is not moving and I even hit the wall with hand trying to make it move ).

regards

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 23:04

There are steering upgrades you can buy for your ship which increase their rate of turn. With some of the smaller ships you even need to be careful how many you add as they can make it a little too wild, and you can't remove them. However I'm not sure this applies in your case as the ship you start with should move at least a little, even in its initial state. It might be worth unplugging some of your other input devices to see if they are interfering with the game's detection of the mouse input.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”