Kyon emitter question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Kyon emitter question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 15:05

Hi all

I’m curious why is it that you can’t use kyon emitters on any other ships? It can’t be because it’s overpowered because realistically there no stronger than the electromagnetic plasma cannons carried by terrain ships, yeah they have a longer range and a much faster shot speed but there also really difficult to acquire which offsets that small advantage, and to be frank the plasma burst generators are far more overpowered by a long margin them things are instant death to everything up to a frigate and even frigates aren’t safe if you can’t take the fighters down quick.

I mean I’ve marmalised Q’s in my mamba using 8 plasma burst generators in about 10 seconds and even only using 4 I can still marmalise the Q it just takes about 15 seconds instead and to be honest I’d rather face pirate ships using kyon emitters than plasma burst generators any day of the week.

I understand why they decided not to add more beam weapons to the game but why not let players used the ones that are already there ? let fighters equip kyon emitters, and bigger ships equip laser towers.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 16:49

Both Terran and Kha'ak are evil aliens with very limited weapon selection, unlike the Xenon and Goner, who accept anything. :goner:

The Kha'ak have their backstory, which spans from X2 to X3TC. They just "stay in character" all the way?

One can always modify their game to adjust the weapon compability.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”