[X3:AP] UFO in UFJD sector???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rockelino
x4

[X3:AP] UFO in UFJD sector???

Post by rockelino » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 00:41

Ok, was spacefly hunting for a mission in AP (Shady Business), and jumped into a UFJD sector. No xenon, no spaceflies, but came across this STRANGE object, about the size of an M7... My radar can't target it, even though I'm like 100m away... Saw it by mistake about 50km away, and started flying towards it. What the heck is that? Can anyone confirm? Am I going crazy?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qmho3p.jpg[/img]

{Vastly oversize image replaced by link. Please review the forum rules regarding posting images. - Nanook}

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 00:48

Use the laser repair on it and you will have a surprise :lol:
Spoiler
Show

It is the Aran, a huge vessel, it is possible to cap it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 01:45

I don't suppose you have a load of marines with you, do you? :wink:

EDIT: Oh, just noticed your ship type. Too bad. :(
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 03:29

Pfft, size of an M7 lol.

What M7 have you been flying? A Thresher?!

You might want to bring a Guppy or Ariadne with a TP full of Marines on board, next time you go jumping to UFJD sectors.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 17:00

That my friend is Aran... welcome the slowest ship in the game. Also only ship that can dock a capital oh and lots of cargo too.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 20:30

In my last game, I docked a Kyoto to it.

It looked ridiculous because the Kyoto was larger than it. I was afraid to undock it IS for fear they would insta-collide with each other.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 21:40

Tip: Ships can be towed at 80m/s, much faster than the speed of an Aran. Or pretty much all the M2 class for that matter.
soulmata wrote:In my last game, I docked a Kyoto to it.

It looked ridiculous because the Kyoto was larger than it. I was afraid to undock it IS for fear they would insta-collide with each other.
They will collide. If you're quick enough about moving away, though, you can get away without any hull damage.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 21:58

That is good to know. Glad I took the OOS route.

Never considered towing it before... I remember sending it from a jump beacon in Saturn to the shipyard for repair, when it had a top speed of 1.8m/s... I think I completed an entire plotline before it made it there.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 22:22

OniGanon wrote:Tip: Ships can be towed at 80m/s, much faster than the speed of an Aran. Or pretty much all the M2 class for that matter.
soulmata wrote:In my last game, I docked a Kyoto to it.

They will collide. If you're quick enough about moving away, though, you can get away without any hull damage.
You should be able to give the order 'fly to sector' or some other navigational command to the docked ship and it will safely undock.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”