TP and bioscanner can not see marines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stimpy61
x3tc

TP and bioscanner can not see marines

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 03:37

Maybe stupid,

But I have 2 TP's wtih bioscanners in Argon M148
But I can not scan any marines.
Only my owned marines when they re-board after training.

Weird or am I missing something stupid?

Thanks in advance.
"If I were a GOD, I would be laughing myself silly at man's stupidity and ignorance"

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 03:42

Not sure my self I have never had this problem and can see all marines where my TP is docked perhaps you need an advanced sat in system but that is only a guess.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 03:44

You need a bioscanner on the ship you are piloting.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 05:12

did not think of that, ....
my docked ship AND......... my ship needs bio??
do not remember needing that before in games..

Thanks,
trying now.
"If I were a GOD, I would be laughing myself silly at man's stupidity and ignorance"

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 05:42

stimpy61 wrote:....my docked ship AND......... my ship needs bio?
Not really, just on the one you are piloting. Similarly to the Trading System Extension.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 14:19

To see Marrine stats you need a bioscanner on the ship you are sitting in. It works similar to Trading System Extension. Remember to shift it to a new ship as you swap places.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 17:00

Lea Flamma wrote:To see Marrine stats you need a bioscanner on the ship you are sitting in. It works similar to Trading System Extension. Remember to shift it to a new ship as you swap places.
It's too troublesome. I just buy it for all the ships I may pilot. The same goes for all other useful wares, including the expensive turbo boost. Out of the several hundred or thousand ships in my fleet, I would only fly probably ten of them. Credits come easy in X, why bother to transfer the software every time?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 17:29

Because he might just have a Teladi soul like I do :roll:
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 17:55

Of course some rich people who can afford Ferraris chose public transport instead. I have an opposite philosophy. Money is meaningless if I don't use it to fulfill my needs. I would not hestitate to buy a Ferrari which was worth 1 over million of my networth (I wish) if it improved just a bit of my convenience and satisfaction. In X cases, better ships are not even to show off, they are the tools and soul of the game.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”