X3AP - Boarding question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DedTheros
x3

X3AP - Boarding question

Post by DedTheros » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 04:30

Tried looking it up, and from what i've noticed there is no default hotkey to be able to send your boarding party's out for spacewalk? The only way is to use a plugin, correct? If so, seeing as i'm using steam will that alter the achievements?
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
Creative SB X-Fi
256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 04:49

You can initiate boarding on the Piracy menu but, yes, if you want a hotkey then you will need Improved Boarding or Improved Boarding (Bullwinkle's Hacked Version).

And, yes, using any script (and most mods) will marked your game as "modified" (and, therefore, ineligible for Steam achievements). Some players care about that; many do not.

DedTheros
x3

Post by DedTheros » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 06:21

Ah, ok. Guess i was correct. Such a shame.....having to go through the menu is such a hassle and trying to move and such. Thanks for the response :)
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
Creative SB X-Fi

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 06:23

It is only really a hassle during spacewalk boarding, which you will not do often.

After you spacewalk an M7M, you will be able to use pods after that. They are a lot easier.

DedTheros
x3

Post by DedTheros » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 06:42

Well, atm all i have is my M6. And enjoy doing the spacewalk thing....puts a little pressure on doing it correctly. Just that one single hotkey would, and honestly should have been implemented with it imo from the get go.
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
Creative SB X-Fi

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 06:53

Yeah, it would be a cinch to add only the hotkeys to the Bonus Pack. In fact, Cycrow submitted just hotkeys to be part of a possible future Bonus Pack. But there has been exactly zero support of the Bonus Pack in the L3 forum as long as I have been around (three years, as of this writing).

That is not to say that it will not *ever* happen. There was some talk about a possible Bonus Pack for AP 3.x, but I haven't heard a word about it in almost a year (and one of my scripts is submitted for it). So don't hold your breath on that. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”