[X3AP] Unified Sector Blacklist for ST/UTs, CAGs, and CLS?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misaniovent
x4

[X3AP] Unified Sector Blacklist for ST/UTs, CAGs, and CLS?

Post by Misaniovent » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 20:53

Is there a mod that will allow me to manage these different blacklists as though they were one?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 03:22

I don't believe there is currently a way to do this, as each of those tasks are handled by different scripts, or data stores within those scripts. If you're intent on using CAG/CLS, you might consider replacing your UT's with EST's. At least then they'd all benefit from a similar (though not exactly the same) interface, since they were all written by Lucike. Another pro is that EST traders use the same pilots and leveling system as CAG/CLS, so they're interchangeable.

If that option doesn't appeal to you, you could check into OK Traders. They can do everything the above scripts can do without the need for a blacklist (though it does have one, and it's applicable to all traders you own) because the traders aren't quite so dumb. One small example is that they JUMP when targeted, instead of trying to lollygag their way to the nearest safe station. If a CLS/CAG doesn't die in its flight to safety (when they should have just JUMPED to begin with), they tend to just sit at a friendly dock until the enemy magically goes away. Or you come to their rescue.

My only real issue with OK Traders is that it only requires Trade Command Mk2 (instead of Mk3), but that's something you can change in seconds with the script editor (unless you're me, and doing so messes up your hotkeys for some reason). It's easy enough to do; if you check the last couple pages of that thread, Shimrod explains what to change.

Lastly, Mk3 Improvement Reloaded is another option for UT's, though it doesn't do CAG/CLS type duties. However, it is a VASTLY improved Mk3 Trader over the stock UT. But since it doesn't communicate with anything but other UT's, I personally went with OK Traders (since it can handle ALL trading, and nobody cuts each other off in search of deals).

Misaniovent
x4

Post by Misaniovent » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 20:33

builder680 wrote:Stuff about OK Traders and MK3 Improvement Reloaded
Thanks for this. OK seems very interesting -- I am finding CAGs to be very frustrating and inefficient; both they are Sector Traders require too much micromanagement. That said, how do you find OK to be in comparison with UTs for the trading function? Are they profitable?

Will they automatically purchase and use necessary equipment (jump drives, etc.)?

Thanks.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 07:35

It uses what you tell it to use (including JD). Profits are tracked by ship so you know how much each one makes. It includes everything you need for any kind of trading.

The OK Trader thread's OP (linked above) is the place to check out what it can do, as well as put any replies regarding it. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

:)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 08:00

Non-homebased OK Traders and Improved Mk3's are both pretty much fire-and-forget trade scripts. You turn them on and let them go... they do everything automatically (including evade enemies and tending to factories stalled for lack of resources). There is not much management involved, and certainly no micromanagment.

Homebased OK Traders work like CAG's. Which is cool if you *want* to manage your traders.

However, you do not need to. You can skip CAG/Tethered OK's entirely -- they are 100% optional. You can automate your entire trading empire just with Mk3 Improvement or OK Traders (non-homebased).
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sat, 8. Mar 14, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”