Looking for "Pirate" Prefix in Tships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Simon Prater
x4

Looking for "Pirate" Prefix in Tships

Post by Simon Prater » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 19:40

I'm making a Tships Xcel spreadsheet to get all details about ships. I've looked and looked and cant find the Prefix "Pirate" used in-game. Does anyone know how X games know which are Busters and Pirate Busters for example.

Simon Prater
x4

Post by Simon Prater » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 19:47

Think I found it???
Seems it the last column before the ship ID :(.
Damn Egosoft. You could have made it easier. Now to write a macro. :(

Simon Prater
x4

Post by Simon Prater » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 17:38

Many thanks DrBullwinkle :) The number is the Skin Index.

Just an update the little 1 just before the ship ID marks not just the pirate ships but also some Yaki ships as well :(.

Just a little tweek and now i have it. Thanks for all that looked and helped.

For all interested parties.

Had to make a bit of vba code to read the last but one entry for each ship then in my concatenate statement i had to have a couple of ifs but seems to work for the current tships.
Last edited by Simon Prater on Sat, 8. Mar 14, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 18:29

Types files are delimited by ";". You can import them directly into most spreadsheet programs. Then all you have to do is add a header row.

Simon Prater
x4

Post by Simon Prater » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 19:43

Yep DrBullwinkle. I imported the CSV into excel.

I am using vlookup & concatenate to translate the NameID and the variation index into the in game name of each ship.

Only trouble was it did not treat the Pirate Buster any different to the Buster. I found that using a simple macro to move the Skin ID to the 1st column a simple vlookup and an If statement to illiminate the Yaki ships worked.

It is a clumsy way of doing it but Excel programming is just somthing I play with when i get a few minutes away from work/real life.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”