X-Tension: Transport doesn't dock at

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

johndohnal

X-Tension: Transport doesn't dock at

Post by johndohnal » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 06:39

Old School X-T question. I have version 2.0 I know there is a bug with the transport ships getting hung up. I'm trying to avoid this bug. I'm starting from the beginning and have saved before my first contact with a transport, so I haven't set off the bug yet. Please tell me exactly what to do. Here is what I think is the proper order of events.
1) Contact transport
2) They ask how they can help
3) I say can you transport something
4) They say they can and tell how much it costs
5) My two choices are a: ok follow me to pick up, or b: no deal
6) I say follow me and I go to the space shipyard
7) The transport follows me and docks at the shipyard
8) I buy my factory
9) I exit the shipyard

Is this correct? I've tried this and the transport just flies around for a long time and I can't buy the factory until it docks. Am I just too impatient? Or do I need to tell the transport to follow me again after first contact? Very frustrating! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 13:43

Added X-Tension to title and moving to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 15:33

Haven't played X-tension for a while, but if i remember correctly you're supposed to tell them to dock at nearest shipyard after you hired them.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 18:41

There's a FAQ concerning this--the bug seems to occur if you order the TL to do something else after ordering it to dock at the shipyard, because a flag somewhere doesn't get cleared. Simple answer is to only ever order the TL to dock once:

http://www.egosoft.com/x/support/44xtfaq.html#faqtldock

johndohnal

Post by johndohnal » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 18:59

I've read this FAQ on the bug. But it still seems ambiguous as to how to do it correctly before the bug has been initiated. Once you hire the transport and head to the shipyard, do you have to tell the transport to "Dock at Shipyard" again? Or is it just supposed to follow you and dock on its own?
Thanks

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 21:47

Why would you need to tell it to dock at the shipyard again? You order it to do so *once*. Doing more triggers the bug.

johndohnal

Post by johndohnal » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 19:46

Thanks for your help. The point I was trying to make was that you have to initiate communication with the transport twice. The first time you tell the transport that you want it to transport something. They tell you how much it costs and then you say Sure, we have a deal, please follow me. The comm window closes. If you just fly to and dock at the Shipyard, the transport follows you, but doesn't dock. You have to open the comm window a second time and tell the transport to Dock at Shipyard. I didn't know if the transport was smart enough to know that if you went to the shipyard that it was supposed to dock. Answer is no, you have to tell it.
Thanks again for your help.

Rapier
x3tc

Re: X-Tension: Transport doesn't dock at

Post by Rapier » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 22:15

johndohnal wrote:Old School X-T question. I have version 2.0 ...
What's wrong with version 2.1? (or 2.1a)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”