Avoiding missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronin677
x3tc

Avoiding missiles

Post by Ronin677 » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 22:39

Ok guys,

So I'm finally getting the hang of X3 TC and got my self a bit of cash. I'm running in an M3 class Eclipse with a full bank of HEPTS.

I'm doing fine with the exception of having missiles fired at me. I get fried every time. I've tried to master this barrel roll by holding 2 strfe keys and moving my joystick to a 45 degree angle, but all thats happens is I go all over the place and lose spacial awareness.

any tips? Is there an ECM device or similar?
I think therefore I am

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 22:42

If you don't have the Bonus Pack, get it for the Mosquito Missile Defense. Set the rear turret on Missile Defense. If you still need help, set the other turret on Missile Defense also.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 23:36

Thanks.

I just looked into this. I'm running version 3.2 which the updates say is the latest version. The Bonus pack says it for version 4.1.02 and says it might not be compatible for my game!!!

any ideas? Do i install it?

cheers
I think therefore I am

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 23:39

That's version 4.1.02 of the bonus pack. It's compatible with the latest version of TC. Ignore the compatibility indicators in the download section. They don't work properly.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”