[X3TC] Best Sector alignments for the Xenon Hub?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NovaTempest

[X3TC] Best Sector alignments for the Xenon Hub?

Post by NovaTempest » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 04:27

After getting the hub Plot Worked out, I began wondering first about the busiest [In terms of constant traffic] sectors in the Commonwealth side of the X-Universe, then I began wondering which sectors would be best to have the Xenon Hub align to when I finished the hub plot [FOR THE THIRD TIME, first time on this laptop.] and had all three pairs at my disposal.

My guess is that Argon Prime and Queen's Harbor are among them, but I would think it deviates between each X3TC Game. So I thought I would ask. :Shrug:
1. When It comes to hunting Pirates, Overkill is the law.
2. When It comes to hunting Xenon, Superiority is the law.
3. When It comes to hunting Kha'ak, see rule 1.
4. In all due respect, there is no such thing as being over prepared in the X-universe.

Alternative account: The X-Plorer

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 06:18

I have mine here:

Heaven's Assertion/Patriarch's Conclusion - Adjacent to Paranid/Split Super Shipyards, close to Atreus HQ and Boron Super Shipyard, near Duke's

Home of Light/Argon Prime - Adjacent to Terracorp HQ, near Argon Super Shipyard in CBSE

Company Pride/Thuruk's Beard - Near Teladi Super Shipyard, near Pirate Base in Hatikvah's Faith

With this setup, I have access to all commonwealth race super shipyards, and all important software (jumpdrive, docking computer, bioscanner, life support, trade extension etc).

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 06:43

One in the far south east, e.g. Queen's Harbor.

One in the far west, e.g. Home of Light.

One in the North, I prefer Heretic's End for easy access to Terran.

Among them, there should be one close to your major production complex / PHQ.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

NovaTempest

Post by NovaTempest » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 02:32

@ oni:

I too have Argon prime/Home of light connected, I will also be connecting Queen's harbor to the hub as well.

Since I have my own sector where my PHQ is located, I have it connected to the hub while I am slowly building up the sector.

@ Lone Jedi:

Very good advice. But now I also had a thought of how to very easily go pirate hunting by connecting Danna's chance, Brennan's Triumph, and LooManckStrat's Legacy.

Another great thing about the Hub, you can completely sever sectors from the gate network, [only if they have no more than 3 gates.] This could allow you to enter a sector and easily wipe out any little resistance there, and then clean out the sector without worrying about anyone trying to stop you.

Could prove to be a very handy strategic weapon in the right hands.
4. In all due respect, there is no such thing as being over prepared in the X-universe.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 04:16

As I play Yaki, I usually have one connecting the two main Yaki sectors. Others depends on what's happening in game.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 12:50

There are many goals to choose from:
  • Hub is a trade center -- Minimize fuel consumption of Hub's ships when they reach out everywhere from Hub. Should be weighted by amount of traffic to particular sectors, but getting the statistics is hard (except for the Xenon sectors, where you do know the usage to be 0).
  • UT fleet -- Minimize the jump distance from any sector to any other sector.
  • Your mega-complex -- Your trade center is not inside the Hub, but should reach everyone easily.
  • Internal logistics -- a variation from above, probably familiar from "Lets have SuperChip Furnace next to Mahi Ma".
  • Support particular race -- e.g. bring all Boron areas closer to each other.
  • Highway patrol -- Sit in the Hub and demand a toll. For example, Xenon reinforcements flow from their SY. If the only route to deployment area is through Hub, you can say "Hi!" to weary travellers. Boarding in friendly space.
  • Babylon 5 -- two races have to cross the Hub regularly, and do they hate each other? Oh, profitsss.
You choose your goals, and then the link selection is essentially a graph theory problem to solve.

You can be dynamic and rearrange links occasionally based on your whims, like the Old ones do.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 12:54

like the Old ones do
:lol:

NovaTempest

Post by NovaTempest » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 17:39

TTD wrote:
like the Old ones do
:lol:
Gentlemen are you suggesting anyone who fools around with the hub is in essence playing X-universe god? :wink:

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Tue, 18. Mar 14, 19:05

1. Family Whi - Shareholder's Fortune
2. Barren Shores - Priest Refuge

This puts the entire Commonwealth within a 12 sector jump range of the hub and you still have an extra gate for your favorite sector.
This is only a virtual reality.

TryckSh0t
x3ap

Post by TryckSh0t » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 03:58

The Hub is a weapon, and Xenon are your ammunition. Link a few Xenon sectors to someone you really don't like, then watch the fireworks.

This is how I ended the Terran-Commonwealth war in AP once upon a time, I dropped the Xenon into Earth and let them run rampant through Terran space...it was glorious.
Good hunting, clear fields.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 20. Mar 14, 10:55

@NovaTempest You have a PM waiting to be read.

Martinez90
x3ap

Post by Martinez90 » Thu, 20. Mar 14, 12:53

Interesting idea to connect terran sectors with xenon through hub. Imagine the rampage in The Moon sector :D I'll have to try that :)
Guys sorry for using this thread, but is there anyway I can end Crystal quest in Hub plot?
175k of crystals left.
MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3" 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 20. Mar 14, 22:10

set traders to homebase at the hub. Make sure you have initial funding at the hub.
Allow NPC traders to supply your needs and set price to average plus 1.

Alternatively , or as well as, build your own Crystal fabs/or complexes.

Set up CAGs and if you have crystal fabs, set up CLS pilots too.

Any or all of the above will speed it up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”