X3R can't find any xenon fight missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alche
x3

X3R can't find any xenon fight missions

Post by Alche » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 14:24

Playing X3R V2.0 Khaak start, current rank federation guardian with the Argon, can’t find any xenon fight missions, must have tried 50+ stations within 3 sectors of xenon space, no luck finding anything. I’m sure I used to see xenon missions by the bucket load in the old days of playing?

Also I get turned down for most of the other missions for not having the requisite reputation, even trivial stuff like buying blueprints or khaak coordinates. And most of the stations don’t even have missions, just news, charity or lottery junk. What the hell is going on?

Having played TC and AP its been quite a shock going back to X3R, such a slow, slow game, lots of stuff missing like remote transfer between docked ships, transports on best buy not jumping, having to dock at stations for rubbish missions… the devs really sharpened up their act for TC that’s for sure!!

pjknibbs
x4

Re: X3R can't find any xenon fight missions

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 17:04

Alche wrote:Playing X3R V2.0 Khaak start, current rank federation guardian with the Argon, can’t find any xenon fight missions, must have tried 50+ stations within 3 sectors of xenon space, no luck finding anything. I’m sure I used to see xenon missions by the bucket load in the old days of playing?
Pretty sure you didn't--it's always been the case that Xenon Invasion missions only spawn perhaps once every 12 hours, and there's generally only ever one in the universe. However, you don't actually need to check every station--all the stations within 3 sectors of the invasion sector will have the mission, so you only need to check *one* station for each Xenon sector. (I believe this means you can check just four stations, but I can't remember which sectors they're in).

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 17:41

1. Either side of 347 for Teladi
2. Argon side of 472
3. Split side of 472
4. Boron (Menelaus--Queens)
5. Getsu Fune

In my experience the frequency is about once per 8 hours.

For the record this is the Xenon Invasion mission (XI). No Xenon will bail.

There is also Xenon Transport mission, that can occur if sector has two NPC Stations. There is a passenger and all Xenon can bail, even the K.

The XI is announced on every valid Station when it is available. Before X3R version 2.0 all the messages that you had seen did remain until you accepted them. From 2.0 onward the messages vanish when you accept one.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 18:46

jlehtone wrote: There is also Xenon Transport mission, that can occur if sector has two NPC Stations. There is a passenger and all Xenon can bail, even the K.
:o

I never saw any capital ships on a taxi mission. I guess my fight rank was too low. Do they still bail in v2.5 or was it only v2.0? Do you know if it works in XTM?
This is only a virtual reality.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 20:07

Top 3 combat ranks spawn K's. The Xenon Transport/Taxi mission is essentially same in both X2 and X3R. Not changed in X3R 2.5. The implementation of BBS missions was hardcoded in those games, even though Mission Director was added to X3R. Therefore, modding cannot change those missions, but it can affect availability. Mods like XTM have their own thread in the S&M Forum.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”