Is there stealth satelites mod / how to make one?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

noname159
x3ap

Is there stealth satelites mod / how to make one?

Post by noname159 » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 15:52

Everybody loves good satelite coverage. The thing is, your enemies love to sweep sectors clear of such things.
Is it possible to change satelites to stealth satelites? Something akin to excellent "Ring of Fire" stealth lasertowers?
I must say I am very weak at X3 modding and I have no idea how to change it and where to give it stealth ability.
Would be nice of all satelites player own became stealthy. I can try to do it myself if you tell me aproximately where and what to change.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 18:37

Not exactly an answer to your question, but I place satellites at 0, 33k, 0.

That way, they are out of range of most enemy patrols.

The only downside is that you may lose some range on objects that are far below the ecliptic. That does not seem to hamper my game at all. YMMV.

noname159
x3ap

Post by noname159 » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 18:40

Well, I was using script that placed eight satelites - 2 in each corner, above and below ecliptic, if needed in center too, and above and below each gate. Great coverage, out of normal routes and enemies still went out of their way to shoot them.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 18:46

Galaxy Explorer will maintain your satellite network for you. They will bop around and replace missing satellites as necessary (although it may take some time).

In your case, they may actually replace your existing network. Perhaps that is not ideal, but they do work pretty well.

TECSG's Salvage Command Suite may have stealth satellites, although I do not know for sure.

noname159
x3ap

Post by noname159 » Sun, 23. Mar 14, 19:42

Sa I said, I have the mod that can keep the ´satnet nice and happy, but it still takes time to fly there and lay down more satelites. Time better spent covering more sectors.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 20:38

i think your post made me think of creating a spy satellite script, you can find it here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=364791

[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Spy Satellite dd 30-03-2014

noname159
x3ap

Post by noname159 » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 22:05

Nice.
Can you tell me how you did that, what I have to change (probably in tships I guess) ? I would like to do something like this myself to learn a bit.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 12:45

With the Spy Satellite Cloak the script will look for player owned navigation relay satellites, set the ownership to neutral race (this race will not be targetted by other races) and rename them to ''Spy Satellite''.

With the Spy Satellite Activate another script will search for navigation relay satellites owned by neutral race, remember the coordinates where it was found, destroy the navigation relay satellite and places an advanced satellite on those coordinates, owned by player. After a few seconds this advanced satellite will also get destroyed and replaced by navigation relay satellite owned by neutral race after which the script stops.

no need to change anything in tships .. its handled in four scripts (two scripts to setup hotkeys and two scripts for activation and cloaking)

If you want to look at the code in more detail i suggest you download X-Studio (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=364619) and open my scripts in there.

qwizzie

noname159
x3ap

Post by noname159 » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 18:40

Nice idea. Not what I would expect, attacking the problem from different direction and succeeding.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”