Orders Being Ignored (solved - full of cargo)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

djstreaky

Orders Being Ignored (solved - full of cargo)

Post by djstreaky » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 21:21

okay, so maybe not ignored but there's certainly nothing happening.

I've just re-installed X3AP and after a re-format and i'm having an issue where I'm issuing orders to my ships to start trading (I've tried both ST and UT) and the ships just sit there.

Ive ensured that they've got all of the correct software and I know that these ships were following commands before (albeit several months ago since I last played the game) but now they don't.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I've installed the bonus pack as I thought that this might be causing a conflict as I had it installed before but it doesn't help. My ships are just acting like my staff at work and are doing nothing

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 22:09

Does their action show as 'Standby'? If so, that means they can't find a deal within their range of operation. What commands have you given them, in as much detail as you can provide.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

djstreaky

Post by djstreaky » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 22:25

okay, I think I've sussed it although I'm still a little confused.

it appears that my ships had full cargo holds and although I was telling them to start trading (sector and universe) they were not using this as a command to actually sell the goods they had.

One of them had a bay full of ore for example and was in a sector where a base accepted it but for some reason he decided to ignore it and instead just sat there.

I've now manually told them all to sell their cargo and have selected ST/UT's and they seem to be on their way.

Apologies for posting, I'm a little bit rusty at the game after a few months away and I can't ever remember having this problem before (or even if it is a known issue).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 22:31

That's a common problem with these traders. They don't know what to do when their cargo hold gets full and they can't find a nearby buyer. It's even worse if they get stopped for some other reason with a full load, such as running from enemies. They aren't smart enough to look for someplace new to sell at.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

djstreaky

Post by djstreaky » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 23:24

Nanook wrote:That's a common problem with these traders. They don't know what to do when their cargo hold gets full and they can't find a nearby buyer. It's even worse if they get stopped for some other reason with a full load, such as running from enemies. They aren't smart enough to look for someplace new to sell at.
I don't remember ever having that issue before which is why I was some what stumped for a while, thankfully it's all sorted (well sort of) now

Thanks for replying anyway, I guess I'll just have to micro-manage the traders to make sure they're not sat in deep space with their thumbs up their butts...:D

vradchuk
x2

Post by vradchuk » Wed, 26. Mar 14, 01:55

Couple days ago I had a different case of disobedience. My trader was attacked by pirates. It launched fighting drones but by the time I opened the sector its shield was gone and its hull started taking damage but it seemed it was winning the battle. I ordered it to jump to next sector but it ignored my order, twice (it had both JD and ECs) - mutany I say!. I left it alone but kept my eye on it - it ran to couple stations in distant sectors to get rid of its cargo, then landed at a ship yard and sent me a message that it needed my help.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”