X3 TC: What's your opinion on the Boron Angel?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCh0senOne-

X3 TC: What's your opinion on the Boron Angel?

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 10:37

Is it the second best ship to do transport, cargo delivery, astroid scan, etc. missions besides Springblossom?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 12:57

It is the prettiest though.

One possible use for it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 17:09

I’m just working on my rep with the Boron to get the Angel.

Apart from passenger transport missions requiring a TP I won’t be using it for anything else.

M5 for asteroid scans, TS for cargo delivery, Springblossom is good if the mission doesn’t call for a TP. Springblossom is also good for getting blown up docking and undocking if you forget to use autopilot :wink:

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 17:35

While the Angel can carry XL cargo, the cargo hold limits it's ability to be a true cargo hauler. I have used these in supporting my stations, but their expense has kept me from doing any consistent use from game to game.

I prefer the Iguana Vanguard for TP missions and the Express or Scabbard for marine support.

It is a pretty ship, even if not equipped like Alan Phipps equips his.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 18:31

Keep an eye out for Express Haulers for sale used (can't be bought new ). I think they're a good balance of speed and capacity.

Graaf
x3tc

Re: X3 TC: What's your opinion on the Boron Angel?

Post by Graaf » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 19:27

TheCh0senOne- wrote:Is it the second best ship to do transport, cargo delivery, astroid scan, etc. missions besides Springblossom?
Considering that I prefer to fly transport ships this is my personal vessel.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Fri, 28. Mar 14, 20:51

I just wanted a ship that can do pretty much any mission. I know the cargo size of the Angel isn't the biggest but it's decent enough to do cargo delivery and taxi missions. Besides the Springblossom, would the Angel be the next best ship to do every mission?

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 03:21

There really isn't a ship that can do every mission.

The Boron Angel will be able to do a lot of them, though. It can do all taxi missions of course, should be fast enough to do Asteroid Scans, and it has enough room to do most of those 'deliver these entertainment chips or toxic waste or whatever' type missions. You'd best avoid combat missions or the Ware Needed 'deliver 50 bajillion Ore' type missions.

The Springblossom can do some Taxi missions, Asteroid Scans, Combat Missions, and deliver junk missions. It can't do Taxi missions that specify luxury transport or 'worthy vessel' as that requires a TP. Can't do the Ware Needed missions as that necessitates a TS (and even then, the amount specified is usually so unreasonable that these missions are too much a PITA to bother with).

A TM could cover a lot of missions, if filled with a fast ship with M sized cargo (eg Kestrel, Disco Hauler, Sabre, Scorpion Raider) for Taxi/Asteroid missions, a powerful M3 for combat missions, and an empty slot for ship delivery/return missions, and the TM itself has the space to do junk delivery missions. Still can't do certain Taxi missions or the Ware Needed missions.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 19:51

As pointed out, there is not a single ship that can do all mission types.
Build Station missions can only be done with a TL, such as Mammoth.

Taxi missions requiring "luxury transport" or "a ship that can carry passengers" requires a TP, such as your Angel.

But an M6 can pretty much do most other missions.

The Angel,iirc, is the only TP that can carry XL cargo.
The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 that can carry XL cargo.

Most ships can be used for more than one type of mission.

So having a player-ship which suits your games style, plus an assortment of other ships ready for the other missions for which they are best used for, would make up a decent personal, navy.

After that you just need your regular traders and a bit of fire-power.
At this point , it really depends on your style of play,as to whether you start building your own stations /or complexes.... or if you'd rather build up a defense/attack force.

Heck you could do the whole shebang.

There are no real limits in what you can do in this game...just your own imagination .

I have seen your progress.
You are doing far better than I did at first :D

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 00:17

TTD wrote:As pointed out, there is not a single ship that can do all mission types.
Build Station missions can only be done with a TL, such as Mammoth.

Taxi missions requiring "luxury transport" or "a ship that can carry passengers" requires a TP, such as your Angel.

But an M6 can pretty much do most other missions.

The Angel,iirc, is the only TP that can carry XL cargo.
The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 that can carry XL cargo.

Most ships can be used for more than one type of mission.

So having a player-ship which suits your games style, plus an assortment of other ships ready for the other missions for which they are best used for, would make up a decent personal, navy.

After that you just need your regular traders and a bit of fire-power.
At this point , it really depends on your style of play,as to whether you start building your own stations /or complexes.... or if you'd rather build up a defense/attack force.

Heck you could do the whole shebang.

There are no real limits in what you can do in this game...just your own imagination .

I have seen your progress.
You are doing far better than I did at first :D
Thanks man, I still got a lot to learn. I still havent made any stations, didn't have more than 6 ships in my fleet(3 of them were trade ships), I've rarely attacked other ships, etc. I just looked at Steam and it said I spent 92 hours on TC already and I don't even know how that's possible cause it seems like I just started. Anyways I think I'm gonna start my 5th new game. I missed the damn Vidar and it just doesn't seem right playing without it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”