location of pirate bases???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronin677
x3tc

location of pirate bases???

Post by Ronin677 » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 19:26

Hi Guys,

I am trying to gain reputation with the Paranid in X3TC. I seem to remember there being a pirate base in Priests Pity in X2 and wondered if anyone can point me to one. I need to increase my rep in order to start trading in Paranid sectors and figured frying a few pirate vessels as a good way.

Cheers

Jon
I think therefore I am

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 20:09

Pirate bases move around when they're destroyed, so while I could tell you where Pirate Bases are at the very start of the game, they could very well be gone before you get there.

At game start, there are Pirate Bases in Priest's Pity and Spring of Belief. But, again, there's a pretty good chance they will get destroyed by racial military patrols.

You might get some Pirate/Yaki activity around Empire's Edge, Heaven's Assertion and Trinity Sanctum. Clarity's End and Third Redemption seem popular for pirate raids too.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 20:47

cheers :)

that will give a starting point to work from

Jon
I think therefore I am

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 29. Mar 14, 21:42

You could also hang around on the more friendly side of their borders and look for patrol missions that cross into Paranid territory.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 16:34

If I'm starting as Argon, I try doing a couple of station defense missions for them, or else look for any asteroid scanning missions offered by Paranids in Argon space. If you're in the Argon Prime vicinity, you could check the stations in Emperor Mines for contracts. Two or three missions and you can trade in Paranid Prime. You might be able to venture into Paranid Prime even without that, but won't be allowed to dock, and then take a couple of "Defend" or "Patrol" missions there to reach the next step.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 17:06

I'm on my second go through TC and have made a bit of a study of PB locations both times. There was very little overlap between each go around as to where to find PBs. The only sectors where they appeared in both go-arounds were Acquisition Repository and Freedom's Reach. Next best fit was in one round there was a PB in Circle of Labour and in the other it was Heretic's End.

In both visits, there seem to be about 24 pirate establishments, with the mix made up of Pirate Bases, Rehab Facilities and Anarchy Ports. Keep your eyes open for couriers (M5s): check their info, sometimes it will say their destination is a pirate base and what sector it's in. I've found a few PBs that way.

Martinez90
x3ap

Post by Martinez90 » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 12:12

You can usually see them in any sector behind gates but they are also placed in some pirate/yaki sectors.
Simply send 2 kestrels on mapping mission and wait for results on seta.

This is my method since the pirates are constantly raiding my transports, stations. So it's an all out war between me and pirates/yaki. This method above allowed me yesterday to find around 22 pirate stations + 2 yaki shipyards and tons of their ships. All of them destroyed, including Loomanstrats legacy where IBL forge is located. Still there has to be a pirate base located somewhere nearby Heretic's End since sales of Space fuel dropped to complete zero and I had to lower the price down to 650 creds/1 unit.
MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3" 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit

paulhamm
x3

Post by paulhamm » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 16:02

Taking missions offered by Paranids located on any station will do the trick. For the most part you will need to take non-offensive missions Taxi, unique goods, and personnel transport. Paranid stations located in pirate space may offer station defense and assassination missions. Just remember the shooty missions usually piss off someone else you may not want to annoy.

Edited due to miss reading.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”