Man...Been trying for almost two hours to capture Vidar

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCh0senOne-

Man...Been trying for almost two hours to capture Vidar

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 07:20

95% of the time when I tell my ship/soldiers to go and capture it they never go then the Terrans capture it. The other 5% they go but cant penetrate the haul. I never tried to capture anything before except right before this mission and I never train any soldiers. I am playing vanilla with the latest version of the game just in case you guys wondering...

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 07:50

You do know that the Terrans will give it to you if you haven't captured it in 5 minutes or so, right? I've had it given to me even before I had a chance to get a ship close to it.

Practice boarding if you want, but hold on to that save prior to trying to capture it so you can reload, wait for the gift, then move on with no marine losses or additional hull damage to the Vidar.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 09:14

ancienthighway wrote:You do know that the Terrans will give it to you if you haven't captured it in 5 minutes or so, right? I've had it given to me even before I had a chance to get a ship close to it.

Practice boarding if you want, but hold on to that save prior to trying to capture it so you can reload, wait for the gift, then move on with no marine losses or additional hull damage to the Vidar.

When/where do I wait? After they captured it? Btw, I am at Aldrin not the place where we practice capturing it
Last edited by TheCh0senOne- on Sun, 30. Mar 14, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 09:23

Also, the ship's name is #deca right?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 09:41

Are you talking about the Vidar or the #deca. Two completely different ships and approaches.

I described the Vidar.
For the #deca, just let the Terrans capture it because they will take control of it immediately after capture and any marines you had on board are lost. You don't get the ship under any circumstances.

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 09:46

ancienthighway wrote:Are you talking about the Vidar or the #deca. Two completely different ships and approaches.

I described the Vidar.
For the #deca, just let the Terrans capture it because they will take control of it immediately after capture and any marines you had on board are lost. You don't get the ship under any circumstances.

Omfg, yeah I think I got them confused. I don't remember what happened with the Vidar when I had to practice boarding. What happens if it isn't in my properties? I don't have a save right before practicing boarding

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 10:42

If you never used the vidar,it may still be where you left it.
Otherwise ,it should be in your properrty list, unless it has been destroyed somehow.

Capturing the #Deca...

It was or maybe still is capp-able, but done via two boardings. Check the guides .

TheCh0senOne-

Post by TheCh0senOne- » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 11:12

TTD wrote:If you never used the vidar,it may still be where you left it.
Otherwise ,it should be in your properrty list, unless it has been destroyed somehow.

Capturing the #Deca...

It was or maybe still is capp-able, but done via two boardings. Check the guides .

Where exactly is it again?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”