Going to buy Xtension - got some questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Going to buy Xtension - got some questions

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 14:32

So I got 10€ on my paysafe account and I didnt know where to spend them (since PaySafe money cannet be converted back to real money, it has to be used on digital payment) so I got a idea... Maybe I should buy Xtension?
Its the only X game which I never played. Partially, because its hard to get, it has only been added to steam year (or two?) ago.

I got three questions about the game:

1. Can I load M3s to my TL, and order them to protect me, while Iam still sitting in that TL?
2. Can I assign freighters to stations and make them supply the station? (forever, without having to look) Also, can I restrict NPC ability to buy certain wares from me?
3. Do I still have to pay for saving my game position? (like in X:BtF?)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 21:27

I haven't played that game in many, many years so my recollection may be a bit hazy. So, with that out of the way:

1. Yes.

2. Yes, and maybe (but I think so).

3. Only in space. Saves are free when landed at a station (pretty sure).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 31. Mar 14, 21:28

Thanks. So I can use a TL as a carrier, right? (without having to ever leave that TL! except for saving my game at stations)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 09:12

If memory serves, you can dock as many ships at a TL as you like in X-Tension, and there are no restrictions on classes (other than other TLs, obviously), so if you want to fly around in a TL with 300 freighters parked aboard, the game will let you do that! Note that you need the 2.0 patch installed to get to fly TLs at all, though.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 09:43

If he's buying through Steam, he should have the last patch :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 14:28

Bought it.
But I will not play it, not yet. Got lot of work.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”