Mac Steam version, where to put the scripts; can't seem to make heads or tails of it

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ubrgeek
x3ap

Mac Steam version, where to put the scripts; can't seem to make heads or tails of it

Post by ubrgeek » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 01:03

I keep searching through the site (and Google) trying to get some clear understanding of just how to get scripts going with the Steam version for the Mac. I don't mean activating the script console; that much I understand. There just doesn't seem to be a clean set of instructions for something that I would have assumed would be fairly simple.

The instructions I've read for things like the Mac X Plugin Manager seem to go with the assumption that there's a data folder somewhere (and often it seems like it should be somewhere obvious) but I can't find one, even inside of the .app package. Do I create one in the "Steam Games/SteamApps/common/X3 Terran Conflict" directory? Even using codeweaver to run the official scripts exe has it looking for a directory that doesn't seem to exist. All I'm hoping to do is get the script to help with station management. Any help would be really, really, really appreciated.

ubrgeek
x3ap

Post by ubrgeek » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 02:58

Thanks Doc. That's one that I've gone through, but again, it starts with a reference to a Data directory and gives examples via macgamestore, Deliver2Mac and the Apple store. I'm specifically looking for some help with the Steam version, even if only an idea of where the Data directory is (or should be created).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 03:00

The place to ask your question is in that thread.

icEPiraka and other Mac players watch that thread.

vkerinav
x3ap

Re: Mac Steam version, where to put the scripts; can't seem to make heads or tails of it

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 15:37

ubrgeek wrote:Do I create one in the "Steam Games/SteamApps/common/X3 Terran Conflict" directory? Even using codeweaver to run the official scripts exe has it looking for a directory that doesn't seem to exist. All I'm hoping to do is get the script to help with station management. Any help would be really, really, really appreciated.
That sounds like it should be right(I assume you changed it from the default directory, which is: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/). The 'data' folder referenced in the other versions is the one that contains the numbered cat/dat files, but they're in with the .app in the Steam install.

What most people suggest with regard to the Bonus pack(the official scripts .exe, yes?) is that you find and download the original mod from the forum. I believe the one you're looking for is installed by the old fashioned drag-'n-drop method.

PS. The doctor is right about having this discussion in the Mac Guide thread. Keep everything in one place, as they say.

ubrgeek
x3ap

Post by ubrgeek » Wed, 2. Apr 14, 02:26

Thank you folks (and sorry for posting in the incorrect location). I'll give it a shot and if it works I'll post what I find in the right forum.

Thanks again.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”