[X3AP] headquarters and logistic software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andrea92

[X3AP] headquarters and logistic software

Post by Andrea92 » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 17:26

Hi, I placed my HQ some days ago, I already have many complexes around the universe and I'm starting to reverse engineering the unique ships that I already received in the plots that I've done.

I have two questions (one is a bit technical):
1 is convenient to produce my own ships using the HQ? i see that it requires my money to produce ships. what is this sh**?

2 i tried to send loads of goods to my HQ but something in the logistic software doesn't work. I made this route:

- a ship stay docked in a complex that produces 4 types of goods.
- another ship has the order to collect a precise number of items from the ship that stocked them and unload them in the hq (and repeat the cycle)

but for some reason the ship that has to do this cycle loads the goods that it find, without waiting the predetermined amount. what do i have to do to resolve this?

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: [X3AP] headquarters and logistic software

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 18:21

Andrea92 wrote: 2 i tried to send loads of goods to my HQ but something in the logistic software doesn't work. I made this route:

- a ship stay docked in a complex that produces 4 types of goods.
- another ship has the order to collect a precise number of items from the ship that stocked them and unload them in the hq (and repeat the cycle)

but for some reason the ship that has to do this cycle loads the goods that it find, without waiting the predetermined amount. what do i have to do to resolve this?
It's been a while since I last played AP... IIRC somewhere in External Logistics menu there is a setting called something like 'minimun amount on collection'. Setting this to 100% should do the trick.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 20:21

The root problem here is that your transport runs faster than your production of some or all of the goods.

Two approaches to solution...slow down transport (TDM suggested one way to go about that) or speed up production.

I generally don't like slowing down transports by making them wait. If you give that ship something else to do you can get the same result and have the bonus that whatever else you assign it also gets done. If you add another source, so the route is basically 'go there and collect, drop at PHQ, then go here and collect, drop at PHQ, you will effectively cut the transport speed in half and your production will more than likely stay ahead of it.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Andrea92

Re:

Post by Andrea92 » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 21:10

I'll try to do what TheDeliveryMan (LOL) said. Also, I cannot increase the production, since the sector is at his maximum for what regards energy cells consumption. I could buy energy cells from outside but it's not my way to make complexes, and also I would have difficulties at selling all those extra goods.

About the hq, what can you tell me about the reverse engineering and production. is it convenient? or do I only lose time for not-rare ships?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 21:24

HQ ship production can turn a slow profit,if the ships are sold at the right Shipyard.

There were discussion threads about this when the PHQ was introduced to X3 Reunion.

But you will find that most players only use it to produce ships that you cannot buy, and maybe the rare ships too.

If you have the ready credits, its quicker to just buy ships from a shipyard.

Another feature is changing the colour of the ships,although Boron ships can't be done...and there is limited effect on Terran ships.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 22:03

Timsup2nothin wrote:Two approaches to solution...slow down transport (TDM suggested one way to go about that) or speed up production.
3. (and best) Use the Internal Logistics.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 22:30

TTD wrote:HQ ship production can turn a slow profit,if the ships are sold at the right Shipyard.
thx, I wanted to know only if I was losing money in order to build my ships by myself instead of buying them. I think I'll queue a lot of Mistrals tomorrow.

Please keep the thread open just another bit, so I can try to do as TheDeliveryMan said and see if it works for me.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 23:15

jlehtone wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Two approaches to solution...slow down transport (TDM suggested one way to go about that) or speed up production.
3. (and best) Use the Internal Logistics.
Internal logistics falls under 'slow down transport' as long as you give it some extra stuff to manage. In this case it seems like the intent is to deliver the goods in the fixed ratio that the PHQ consumes them, and I'm not sure internal logistics will do that...but my knowledge of internal logistics is far short of expansive.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 1. Apr 14, 23:29

Internal (CLS1) does not deliver on ratio, but it should heed the ware limits that you do can set with Dockware Manager for the PHQ, and those limits implicitly define a ratio.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”